How's My Back End

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I would appreciate if you could look at these photos of the rear mechanicals of my marlin, I'm at the point of putting the boot floor on after one bit of wiring tomorrow, just wanted to make sure there are no obvious failure points I may have overlooked

76107DBC-0476-4225-9151-B1FE18849642_zps

B36CD6C8-FAC9-441C-AED0-6AE2594A9B18_zps

7FEF626D-18E0-49CB-BD0C-BE55C6C75A2A_zps

ABB8D4F8-1BBB-432B-945A-30B2577755AB_zps

305FF235-8A6E-4B3C-8CD8-0B4DE1C87B8F_zps

Guest mcramsay

The braided hose is the rear brake lines, I have split rubber fuel pipe lengthways and put it over the braided lines on parts they might rub on the suspension, so the cable ties are just holding the rubber on,

Guest 2b cruising

Picture two.

Shows one brake line passing a little near to the welded bracket.

For how easy it is to adjust by fitting a rubber guard around it with more split pipe then remove after test if you want.

Either that or a twin clip holding both pipes at that point would hold the outer pipe further away than it is now.

Excellent work you are doing. QUALITY STUFF.

Guest mcramsay

Good shout, will add a bit more protection, the rear of the car is an e39 5 series Ali subframe which carries the diff driveshafts and distension arms, all cleaned up and pained with aluminium paint. Came up a treat last year when I done all the work! It's looking a bit dusty now though. Good thing about the subframe and is I can drop the whole rear end of the suspension and diff by splitting the prop and undoing 4 bolts