Hard To Select Gear When Hot

Guest Jonnyround2003

Guest Jonnyround2003

Hi guys I have a 2 ltr dohc Sierra engine runs fine changes gear fine when cool after a while it gets hard to select a gear when it's hot any idea why it's doing this !

Hi, My Super Seven 2l Pinto has just developed a serious 'clunk' when releasing the clutch. Changes gear & clutch drives OK but heavy clunk just as the peddle presure is released. Seems to happen more often when its hot. Does this sound like a cable/quadrant problem too?

Regards

My clutch is same..but my cable runs between manifold pipes..today in traffic it was stretching so much that car was creeping forward with clutch down..cool down and it was ok..order new cable and heat wrap..i will wrap just bits where cable going and maybe cable..woud that work?

If it's not the cable then I would think it's the oil it's very common for people to just put ep90 oil in instead of mt75 oil, that is of course if it's an mt75 gearbox (should be). I would just change tho oil and see if that makes a difference.

HTH ivan

My clutch is same..but my cable runs between manifold pipes..today in traffic it was stretching so much that car was creeping forward with clutch down..cool down and it was ok..order new cable and heat wrap..i will wrap just bits where cable going and maybe cable..woud that work?

The 2wd cosworth clutch cable is longer and can be routed away from the mani. It's a common mod to cure this problem.