Check Your Driving Licence

ozz

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

To check you will need your driver number, your national insurance number and the postcode of the address on the licence.

All points, endorsements and disqualifications are now stored online.

Courts and DVLA will no longer update any paper records.

In fact the advice from DVLA is to destroy the now invalid paper counterpart to a photo card licence from 8th June 2015

If you still have a paper non photo card licence this remains valid but will not be updated with endorsements.

Photocards are only valid for 10 years and the photo needs updating if not the licence is invalid and you commit an offence if you drive. A reminder is sent 2 months before expiry to the address on the licence.

You can share your licence details with employers or hire companies by generating a code and sharing the code.

The online record also shows current licence entitlements such as towing entitlements and the size of vehicles which can be driven.

I have recently become aware that more Courts are disqualifying and endorsing licences in absence which means that there will be more people out there driving whilst disqualified or with revoked licences if they did not receive the summons.

I have checked my licence online because I have little faith in government IT projects and thank fully it appears to be correct and I'm going to check it regularly in future.

Ozz

• Like 2

Just checked mine and it's not in order but can't seem to find an email address I would phone but I know how difficult it is to get these government departments to answer the phone

Try this

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/dvla/en/index.html?utm_source=contact-dvla&utm_medium=outbound-link&utm_campaign=dvla

thanks ozz i have submitted a progress request but thats all i can do cant send them a proper email to ask why its taking so long it said in the blurb that it can take up to 8 weeks to process a medical form I checked my licence online yesterday and it said my HGV licence is suspended I posted it off on 17th august it did say on the form I can still drive but reading that its suspended worries me

Guest 2b cruising

I would either call them or go to local blue light club and enquire what to do.

You are right to be concerned as we all think suspended means just that.

Unless some half whit has pressed a wrong button.

Unless it is a common problem, I can't see a roadside copper accepting your word.

just read the automated response from DVLA and under section 88 of road traffic act as long as i meet the rules set out in that then I can drive but all I want to know is that they have the forms and my licence that was sent to them weeks ago this a straight forward job they do not need to contact my doctor to check because I passed the medical no problem

oh and as long as they are in receipt of my paper work but I don't know if they are

Edited by tractor

well after waiting another week and still no sing or confirmation from DVLA I thought I would tackle trying to ring them to get some info well after I got through the automated and useless switchboard I actually got to speak to two DVLA persons who were helpful and informed me they had received my paperwork although the date they received it was a bit suspect don't think royal mail is that slow but HA HO at least I now know they have it turns out there is a massive backlog in the medical department although my paperwork should not be in that department as no medical issues it should have flown through as a straight renewal so a big relief for me and hopefully will have my licence re issued shortly