Registration Number

johnhetherington

Been waiting for nearly 4 weeks now for the registration documents to come back following the IVA.

Phoned the DVLA today and they are processing my application at long last, they were able to give me the registration number, age related which is exactly what I wanted, can now register with my personal plate H15 KYT.

Still another 5 - 7 days though before the paperwork & V5 finally arrives but still very exciting.

• Like 1

Guest Ian & Carole

Don't forget once car is taxed and you have your V5 you can transfer you PP online, if you have your PP on retention, and it only takes 48 hours to show on their data base.

We have just done the MR2.

New V5 arrived in less than a week.

Halfords will make a plate up off the insurance document who only need you to tell them what it is. It's what I did but I don't know how legit it was though. I got the call from the DVLA saying the registration number and then was straight on the phone with my insurance then once they emailed the insurance cert I printed it off and was driving later that day.

It did take the Highway around a month before they could find the car on the database though

Edited by WallerZ

Bought a plate online from ebay the other day for Sisters car (deer decided to headbutt it at speed). Didn't need any documents at all just emailed the reg. Plate looks as good as any i've seen and half the cost of halfords. Think a lot of people aren't worrying about the rules anymore as it was pretty stupid anyway, if you are a criminal you will get a false plate regardless. It just annoys everyone and makes lots of paperwork.

• Like 2

Guest 2b cruising

Well done John. So close now.

Trip to the seaside and fish n chips would go down well.

I wonder what it is like in an mx with the roof closed, eating fish and chips.

I bet it takes a long time to get rid of the smell.

I will try and sneak a kipper or two onto his manifold. LoL.

Got nothing against mx'so really. Just like the wind ups.

Guest alexpink

Brilliant news! I'm waiting on mine and hopefully it won't take 4 weeks, as I'm fairly sure we'll have run out of half decent weather by then... I don't suppose you have a contact number for anyone at the DVLA whom I can call to check the progress of my application?

Guest 2b cruising

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

I cant hear you....

Well buy yourself some new bloomin glasses. La la la la

What do you call an mx with twin exhaust pipes?

Edited by 2b cruising