Iva Seatbelt Upper Anchorage

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

what part is classed as the upper anchorage? In the photo below would it be where the top mounting physically bolts to the chassis? Or where the belt runs through? Ignore the belt running through the plastic handle of the headrest, iva def won't like that! Currently I am around 20mm lower than the 450mm measurement for the upper seatbelt anchorage position.

Only way I can think of getting around it is to bolt the seat solidly to the floor without the runners, which will give around another 30mm drop

Guest mcramsay

So I spoke to the manufacturer today. And my car is a prototype and has had a redesign of the seatbelt mounts so the mount position was something they over looked, but they are going to have my car back once I have finished building and put a mount point further up on the roll bar so I am well clear of the 450mm minimum measurement. I think they plan on drilling a hole through the roll bar and then sleeve it to keep the strength. Can't really see another way around it, I've dropped the seal as low as it will go and I'm still under!