Build Book

raf

Helo all,

I'm new on the forum and in need of some help.

I'm a school teacher in Belgium, and whe've bought a robin hood kit car, I think one of the early models, robin hood 7 sierra. We have a lot of parts but no build book or info on where to use the parts.

The plan is to build the car with the students as a project, but without info it's not so easy

where using a 2.0 DOHC engine, instead of the pinto engine, the engine is bigger so this makes it even harder to make everything fit.

is there somebody who had used this engine for the build? pictures would be helpfull for us.

Also a pdf copy of the build book would be very good for us.

Al help is much apreciated

Hope to hear from you soon

Raf

As far as i know there is a lot of build videos in youtube..yes a lot of people using doch...

Most robin hoods ar sierra 7s so u shoud start with putting some pictures up here that people woud understand what model exactly u building..its a lot of pictures and helpful people up here but if u make pictures of parts and kit it woud be a lot easier..

Guest 2b cruising

Hi. I have the 2ltr DOHC in my 2b.

Although it is a good strong touring engine, it was short lived with the onset of the Zetec imminent.

Very little performance developement work was done apart from the 16 valve RS engine.

This took the engine up from 137 bhp to 150.

with the standard diff 3.62 my first gear runs out at just around 20 mph.

This puts it out of any type of track performance trials or competitions.

On the good side, use 3rd gear on and leaving roundabouts and the torque pulls it through at a really good pace.

70 mph on the motorway give a very comfortable low rpm rate of 3000.

Mine on a run easily gets 40 mpg if not having any fun. (Very rare though.)

Thanks all

I've looked at the identification pictures and it's a mark 2, but all i find on youtube and other sites is about the 2B type with tube frame and this is very different than the one i'm working on. This one is much older, I think most of them are build before the internet, so if anybody has a build book of this type a pdf scan would be much helpfull, there are parts with the kit in stainless steel and in steel that i cannot identify so that makes it hard to fit them

thanks

Raf

Guest 2b cruising

Thanks all

I've looked at the identification pictures and it's a mark 2, but all i find on youtube and other sites is about the 2B type with tube frame and this is very different than the one i'm working on. This one is much older, I think most of them are build before the internet, so if anybody has a build book of this type a pdf scan would be much helpfull, there are parts with the kit in stainless steel and in steel that i cannot identify so that makes it hard to fit them

thanks

Raf

Hi Raf, you are right about built before the Internet.

I also think a lot were also built before the measuring stick was invented.

Even then I think the same piece of string was used be it dry or wet, hot or cold. LoL