Lincolnshire Meetings For October - Corby Glen Sheep Fair

alanrichey

Hi all

The annual Corby Glen Sheep Fair (http://www.sheepfair.co.uk/) is being held on Sunday 4th October. As in previous years classic cars (and kit cars) are more than welcome to attend. Last year was particularly good with about 100 cars and as I recall, about 6 of our cars came along.

It's your standard small village fair (stalls, dog show, music, morris dancers, fun fair, burgers, .....) and I think everyone who came last year enjoyed it.

I have promised the organisers a rough idea of numbers by the end of the month, so could I ask for names over the next week please. I'll edit this post as it goes along, so far the attendees are:

Me :) (It's only 1.5 miles away from me)

Nigel & Helen

Swan

Pete Lee (maybe)

Edited by alanrichey
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't get to 'escape' as often as I would choose ... five grandchildren (amongst other committments) keep me too busy - especially at weekends.

Will keep an eye on all your suggestions and links, and maybe .... some day ...

Cheers Alan.

Guest Richard7

Sorry Al, but its my brothers birthday that weekend and I will be transporting my parents as my mum has surgery on her shoulder tomorrow.

But I did go last year and can vouch for it being a very good event with a rich variety of activities and stalls.

I think my engine problems are now sorted (thank you for the advice, Derek!). I have changed the fuel pump, and so far, the kangaroo effect seems to have been sorted!

So Corby Glen is a definite possibility (I enjoyed it last year), but it depends on whether I decide to put my 2B on SORN yet, or to delay that until November. One good thing about the new DVLA tax laws means that you can now tax your car for 7 or 8 months if you want to, rather than having to do 6 or 12 months!

Pete

Great day out at the Corby Glen Fair. I recovered my ability to lay on the good weather, which was just about perfect, and there was a very nice turn out of classic cars (although only 2 Hoods) along with all the usual things you expect from a rural village show (funfair, dog show, line dancing, crafts, food, beer....).

Image1_zps3hxal60a.jpg

Many thanks to Nigel, Helen & Pete (swan) for their support.

Al