The Spanners Are Out Again

tractor

keith turned up this morning so we shot off to get a new clutch kit from euro car parts got the gearbox on by 1pm then keith had to go so carried on it took me about 1hour just to get one drive shaft back in I was swearing quite a lot because i had just dropped the lower ball joints out which is where the problem was trying to get that back in whilst wrestling with drive shaft but still got the other side to look forward to

been out for a longer drive in the van got up a bit of speed doing 70mph thought I would overtake so put my foot down and nothing happened so dropped a gear and overtook wasn't till later when I was coming back that I looked at rev counter at 80mph I was only doing 2000rpm with the old gearbox I would be doing 3000rpm and before at give ways I would slow to a crawl put it in second then pull away no problem but now I have to drop to 1st gear to get revs to pull away I am not complaining the lower revs are much better just got change driving style to match new gearbox