Hood Rails

cb750

RHood 3A. Trying to sort out the hood tube pivoting position to get the hood fitted for the winter. The hood is on and sits over the roll bar but needs lifting in the middle to tension it. I know a lot of you only use the main rail to tension the hood but how do you tension it? Do you fold the rail forward then fit the hood then pull the rail towards the rear? Anyone have measurements for the bracket position and tube length?

Hi not sure if this will help or not but I should be using my 2B Superspec tonight to go to the monthly meet at the Toby Carvery at Stonebridge Island. My Hood will be Fitted ( as it is quite Cold when we leave ) :diablo: If you wished to see how my Hood is fitted and adjusted for tension would be happy to assist.

Stay SAFE

Steve

:drinks: :lazy:

Rob I have taken 3 pictures earlier which I will either email to you if you could PM me with your email address as I would not have a CLUE :help: how to post pictures on here, :rofl:

If the pictures are not good enough let me know and I can put car on our drive and take others of whatever you wish. I am the same as Bob and tighten two straps which you will hopefully see in the pictures.

Apologies for being a "DIPSTICK" when it comes to computers and Websites. 8P

Thanks My Friend STAY SAFE

Cheers :drinks:

Steve :lazy:

Dont know if this will help but theres a piece on the build video's about fitting the hood I put them up on youtube a while ago,

cant seem to paste the link here??? but if you search YouTube for Ivan Sandford it's on video 15

good luck

Ivan

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who helped with info on this. Got the frame and cover fitted over the weekend. Bent and shaped the doors to fit today. Am going to fit the doors tomorrow. Then strip the lot off and take the frame to the powder coaters.

Thanks again