Pinto Cam?

Guest PintoPowered

Guest PintoPowered

hi guys i'm after a high lift cam in my pinto 205 block don't know which one to go for ,I'm running with bike carbs ...... any suggestion's

Edited by PintoPowered

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run fr32 with higher compression injection head, fireblade bike carbs, megajolt. Pulls well from low revs, 140 bhp at 5250 revs and 160 ft lb of torque low down (love the torque).

I think Newman phase 2 is also recommended.

Guest Gargoil

Depends on how much power and how it's delivered, where cam choice is involved.

Everyone seems to like the Kent FR32, the engine builder for my car used the FR30 for low down torque (pulls like a diesel across the rev range) and higher compression for bhp. You just have to be careful of the "Higher compression" bit. Mine destroyed its engine because the engine builder got it wrong.

The Kent GTS1 (road cam) seems to have it all, but may require a some modification to the head, for the springs and that's probably why it isn't as popular as the FR32.

• 3 weeks later...

FR32 or Piper 285

I can only talk about the FR32 as not used the Piper

The FR32 seems to have no downside, with bike carbs a 4 branch exhaust manifold and a simple injection head it's a good package gives noticeable performance increase and is still very street drivable

Hi Kinstowan

Best bet is a Haynes Sierra manual....it has clear pictures.

Describing it all would take a page or 2.

Try this too

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pinto+distributor+alignment&rlz=1C1CHFX_enGB536GB536&oq=pinto+distributor+alignment&aqs=chrome..69i57.13562j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Sorry for hijacking the thread , but it's probably relavent . I am rebuilding a 2.0 pinto that has an Fr32 cam . What's the best way to time it up? I've read you need to find true TDC then turn the crank to 108 ATDC then find full lift on number one inlet then bolts it all together. Then read , again find true TDC then set number one inlet to 3/5ths open at TDC. Very confusing! Any help much appreciated

Thanks Andy