Vulcan

Guest peter2b2002

If you haven't already Read it, the book on how they along with the victors got to the falklands and bombed the runway in port Stanley with the hit and miss in flight refuelling is a brilliant read. Talk about building stuff in a shed and making it work!! It was very touch and go whether the last plane had enough fuel.

Guest peter2b2002

I can still remember when they went to the Falklands but nearly didn't get back as they only had about 15 min worth of fuel when the tanker found them

peter2b

I was at the aerospace museum at cosford with about five thousand others ,a bit disappointed. it came in at an angle from behind the large exhibition hall and only did one short pass

Shame to lose it from the display circuit. I believe they have loads of spares but the airframe has run out of hours. Perhaps there is another example somewhere which could be recomissioned for flight. The last chance I had to see it got rained off.

Shame to lose it from the display circuit. I believe they have loads of spares but the airframe has run out of hours. Perhaps there is another example somewhere which could be recomissioned for flight. The last chance I had to see it got rained off.

If they were able to build a new Spitfire at a cost of around £1m, I wonder if you could build a new Vulcan, even if the cost was 10 times that?

Guest 2b cruising

Different kettle of fish and somebody already supposed to be trying that anyway.

Don't know where from but heard it on an article on tv.

Might be someone's pipe dream.

At the risk of being "off key" I would rather they re-built Concord.

Here Here

Give me a Vulcan any day.

I remember a visit to Cyprus on my way back from Salalah. We were allowed to walk freely through the hangars and climb all over and through them while under repair.

The howl they make under full load is its very own and to me unbeatable.

Edited by 2b cruising

We were visiting someone in Wales and went for a walk in them there hills and we where overlooking a valley when a pair of Vulcans shot up the valley below us, awesome sight and sound! The ground shook and the sheep were very unhappy!