Greetings From Germany

Guest freak9882

• 2 months later...
Guest freak9882

Hi,

hope you had a good start into 2016. Winter time=building time.....

I got a Set of 8X15 Revos for a good price. Front with 195/50/15, rear with 225/50/15.

Front seems to fit perfect, but at the rear, whats wrong? Wheel looks not centered, I tried also with the 195/50/15.

https://picload.org/image/wrcccog/img_3364.jpg

https://picload.org/image/wrcccod/img_3361.jpg

Anyone also driving 8X15?

Need some advice.

Cheers

André

Edited by freak9882

Hi Andre,

its not easy to say from just one photo, & I dont know the Zero well

Is it the same on the other side?

Is the track the same on both sides......distance between centre of front wheel and centre of rear wheel?

Are the wishbones fitted correctly on both sides? IE not upside down one side?

Are the wings fitted in the same position on both sides?

I just "borrowed" this picture from Richard's blog.

His arch seems to go right back to the rear panel, & even then he had problems with the wheel rubbing the arch.

http://richards-gbs-zero.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/suspension

Your picture seems to show the arch not going so far back.

I reckon the arch is fitted too far forward.

Richard's arch leaves a parallel gap between the arch & the top of the crescent (passengers elbow).

Yours tapers so the gap narrows at the front.

I suggest searching for more Zero pictures and build blogs for a comparison.

Guest freak9882

I think Zero (Sierra) has a general issue on the nearside(left) with rears being close to the back of the arch - depending on the suspension height/compression.

I modded my wheel arch as above, saw one other factory build Zero with a similar issue on a GBS run out

Andre - your picture does look more extreme than I have seen though; perhaps the wheel arches need moving?

Was the offset like that with the old wheels?

Hi Richard, see picture on the first side, was also not 100% in shape with the old wheels. I spend ages to find the right position for the arches. Wasn't that bad with the old wheels. But now it looks crap. Problem is, I want to use the Revos, love them, but before wasting time in polishing and painting the Revos, I need to find a solution for the arches. First thought, *bleep*, I mixed right and left, but I just checked, everything's fine....

I will remove the arches tomorrow and try to "adjust" them a bit. Today I started to build an diffuser.......

Cheers

Andre

I think the rear of the wheel arch should line up more with the back panel so needs to go back about 2 inches, then the wheel would sit in more central. I think you see this from Richards pictures compared to yours

• Like 1