8X15" Gbs Zero

Guest freak9882

I have 15x8 wheels fitted with 215/50/R15 tyres at the front and had to readjust my standard cycle wings to fit. See this post (and the previous of getting them fitted) http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/yet-again-blog-forgotten.html

I wouldn't go any wider and currently considering changing the fronts down to either 205s or even 195s. I say considering....I will be doing that, its just deciding which

Guest 2b cruising

I bought the car with 15" X 205s fitted and thought they were OK.

They started cracking up as the guy I bought the car off lied about how long it had been stored on corseted.

Replaced them with 195s after taking advice from club members.

It completely changed the handling of my car and gave me a muck smoother ride and increased cornering abilities.

Since then I have got new wheels but I would not stray off the 195s as they are so good.

The 850 race series is all done on 195s so they must be right size for the car.

People do put wider on, especially on rears but they like loosing the back end on corners and loose the whole car in the wet.

If you use a lower profile, you can get more rubber on the road because of the squarer shape at the right pressure.

This is all not just my opinion but the same as lots other members. However it is your own choice whatever you end up with.

Just remember that no matter what you think about only driving in dry conditions, "you will get caught out sometimes"

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest mower man

I used 205x15 on 6.5 rims for 30k miles and found that combo ideal ,no track work but some very much in the spirit use with nary a prob , in my op 7 are max and 205 's are enough tire but as said my ops only mick

I would be wary of the fitting especially at the back. The fronts can be made to fit by adjusting the wing supports. At the back the only adjustment you can make is lateral position of the tyre centre by choosing ET of the wheel carefully or with spacers. You need to do the maths on ET and find out where the tyre inner and outer walls will end up if you do want 8inch wheels. And there is such a thing as being over-tyred. These are light cars and they aquaplane easily in the wet.

Nigel

• Like 2

Guest Ian & Carole

Oh yes and I was on Toyo's luckily not 888's :crazy: :crazy: Carole "..are you OK?" me "yes as long as I can see those 2 red lights!" :80:

Much smoother in the outside lane as well.

Back to OP s question, I wouldn't have been travelling that fast on any thing wider than 195's

Edited by Ian & Carole

Guest 2b cruising

Oh yes and I was on Toyo's luckily not 888's :crazy: :crazy: Carole "..are you OK?" me "yes as long as I can see those 2 red lights!" :80:

Much smoother in the outside lane as well.

Back to OP s question, I wouldn't have been travelling that fast on any thing wider than 195's

What happens if those two red lights drive into a ditch?

Also as stated above. The difference in handling my car when going from 205 to 195 was remarkable.

I can easily afford any large tyre but I will not go that way for road use. No matter how spirited I drive.

Edited by 2b cruising

But wasn't that when we were driving far too fast for the weather conditions coming back from Ypres?

no that was last year on the way back from limouge and I was aquaplaning at 50mph and if I went any slower I was worried I would get rear ended.

• Like 1