Sva Booked

Guest Pacman

Guest Pacman

Hi

I have sent off for my first SVA but I have not had a reply yet :wacko: Im not in a rush as I have a few things to finish off I need some information on a few things .

Do I need side catches on the bonnet if I have the Sierra catch ?(Alligator bonnet)

Do I need a hand brake gaiter ?

Where on the wiring loom is the washer bottle wired as it has to work from the push button on the stalk ?

Do I need to carry a spare tyre for the SVA I have one off those spray thingys?

Apart from a ball joint to be changed and an inbalance in my brakes found on an MOT I have just failed im ready

Pacman

Do I need side catches on the bonnet if I have the Sierra catch ?(Alligator bonnet)

You don't - I passed without any. They will (should) have a pull at the bonnet when its closed to see how firm it is. For your own peace of mind you might want to fit them immediately after SVA.

Do I need a hand brake gaiter ?

You need to make sure the whole thing is radiused as part of the vehicle interior (5mm is it?). A gaiter is an easy way to stop the tester putting his fingers in the ratchet mechanism.

Where on the wiring loom is the washer bottle  wired  as it has to work from the push button on the stalk ?

It can be operated from any switch you like, but they might make you label it with "an appropriate symbol". Tell us what loom you're using and we'll try and tell you what the wires look like.

Do I need to carry a spare tyre for the SVA I have one off those spray thingys?

I don't think you need a spare. Not certain on this one though.

Ant

Paul,

The power wire from the wiper switch to the washers is Black (pin 53c on switch) and the earth from washer pump is Black/Yellow (pin W on switch). Make sure the terminal on top of the switch is earthed.

If you need a hand with anything let me know when you are free and I'll pop down.

Les

post-9-1090798477.jpg

Guest paul thompson

I can vouch for the spare thingy, Didn't have one for My SVA and it would have passed If ihad done all the other things ion the list. I did have a spray thingy in the boot though and he did check in the boot.

Guest Pacman

Thanks for the information Lads :D

And thanks for the diagramme Les if I get in to trouble ill give you a call im home this week with the kids who dont want to hang with the old man so I intend to spend as much time on the car as I can.

Paul