Name And Shame.. Poor Customer Service.

maccavvy

Recently ordered some new brake flexis.

used HEL before with no issues. but a mate said he tried this other company. thought id do the same.

Went online ,specified length, fittings etc etc.

Hoses arrived , ones 5mm shorter than ordered, one 5mm longer.

bulkhead fitting supplied without a nut.

Nothing too major, so contacted them so see what they say.reply states its well within tolerance (nothing about this mentioned before or on the site)

ask why no nut. (HEL supplied them) reply was (they are available separately (not mentioned either way when purchasing)

Basically theyre going to do nothing,tough luck.

so be aware when using Furore products web address is Brakehose.co.uk , if your a stickler for details they may not be the people to deal with.

make me laugh on the front page of their site is a review stating '' exact length I required'' but was it the exact length you ordered lol

Edited by maccavvy
  • Like 1

Not offered me anything rob.. even a '' ill send you the nuts out as a gesture of goodwill'' luckily I can use the old ones

would have made me feel better. I know theyre not massively out and probably wont notice it. as its on a 2b which aren't the most accurate car.

But if I fitted someones flooring short im sure they wouldn't be so happy.

They state theyre ''hand made so work to a tolerance''

as I say not the end of the world. but poor service. so thought id heads up everyone.

heres their reply

our hoses are custom made by hand so some discrepancies are expected as we work to a 5mm +/- tolerance and 5mm out within 400mm is around a 1% discrepancy and we simply can not be more accurate than that, we try to make the hoses to the exact length customers ask but again these are hand made. We would never advise measuring a brake line to be so tight that 5mm would make a difference in fitting.

As for the bulkhead fittings, they are not supplied with nuts automatically, they are on the website as an extra as we have found that many people prefer to source there own, this means that a hose with a bulkhead fitting now does not increase the price of the hose and the nuts are on the website on there own under the price that we used to add when a bulkhead fitting was ordered.

Guest 2b cruising

They are right in saying 5mm over 400mm is 1'/,

However 5mm over 100mm is 5'/,

Monkeys could do better than that.

Loose nuts. LoL they are right there.

I have never in 50 years on the job bought a bulkhead fitting without supplied nuts.

I would never use one of the old nuts on new fittings.

With so many different threads on such fittings it would only make sense to supply them with nuts.

I would not mind a few extra pence on top of the fitting, if a nut was supplied with it.

Rant all done now.

You're obviously quite steamed up about it but I think named and shamed is a bit strong. You may well find that the 10mm difference in lengths is an advantage when you fit them. 2b wishbones have a 10mm tolerance in fit to balance it out! Personally if absolute accuracy was important I would have informed them when placing the order and got their agreement to what my acceptable tolerances were.

Nigel

• Like 1

Having read the legal notice on their web site which seeks to disavow anything you are told on the website, catalogue or by an employee or director as to suitablity for application or even description of goods and services I'm surprised they didn't send you a potato and tell you it was as ordered.

• Like 2

Yea I think this has turned in to a character assassination thread

I have used this company a number of times and so have many on Locostbuilders with no issues

Your talking about a tiny size difference as explained in the response, which as the pipes in either side of the car you would need the eyes of a flat fish to be able to see.

The price you pay from HEL is much more and the price of the nut is a quid from Furore.

Your still quids in

As for the rest of you chipping in

call it what you want snapper paul.

but their inability to make 2 things the right size and offer to sort it out still stands. poor customer service whichever way you slice it.

since posting on here. they've offered to try to make a matching pair.. but not until I posted on here ''dissing'' them , their words.

even though its more money the HEL lines were correct length and came with new fittings and look better quality imo

furore emailed me saying people like to source their own,the 2nd email said their customers prefer to use their old ones, so which is it ??? and how do they know I have old ones to use anyway

as mentioned above for the pennies they cost when buying bulk why not include them,to keep customers happy.

If theyd have offered 1st off to put things right I would have got good customer service.

as far as im concerned this can be locked or deleted ,ive had my say

I will use HEL in the future as have done previously. the small extra money is worth the customer service imo

I have used Furore Products for several parts of my build. Brake hoses, clutch hoses mirrors and headlights. I have found them to offer good products at good prices. And more importantly to me they own, work and maintain kit cars. They have a vested interest in the industry and have always offer helpful advice when needed. At my recent IVA the owner phoned me to give personal advice over the phone.

Anyone who finds this thread please don't think it accurately describes the level of customer service that can be expected from Furore Products. It does not.

Ill quite happily post all messages and replies regarding this matter.

but id want everyone to read through them word for word please.

The hoses arrived today. I ordered 420mm long. one is 425 one is 415 . also there is no nut on the bulkhead fitting side.
Id like them both the same length at least.

Can you advise how you proceed with this matter.

Hi,
our hoses are custom made by hand so some discrepancies are expected as we work to a 5mm +/- tolerance and 5mm out within 400mm is around a 1% discrepancy and we simply can not be more accurate than that, we try to make the hoses to the exact length customers ask but again these are hand made. We would never advise measuring a brake line to be so tight that 5mm would make a difference in fitting.

As for the bulkhead fittings, they are not supplied with nuts automatically, they are on the website as an extra as we have found that many people prefer to source there own, this means that a hose with a bulkhead fitting now does not increase the price of the hose and the nuts are on the website on there own under the price that we used to add when a bulkhead fitting was ordered.

I hope this helps and clears everything up for you.

Regards

Hi.

I was unaware that it wouldn't come with a nut. no where does it say without,simularly no where does it say with.
The last company I used supplied them that's all.
As far as the length is concered no where does it say on your website that its to a tolerance.Bit odd that ones 5mm short and one 5mm longer.
Im a bit of a perfectionist and this will annoy me. Im sure that if everything on my car was to the same tolerance it would handle and drive very funny.
the company I used before managed to get them both exact.
Thanks for emailing me back.
its obvious you are going to do nothing about it.
ill simply never use you in the future.

Marcus

Hi Marcus

I'm sorry you are not happy with the product, however I would point out that had you bought those same hoses from HEL you would have paid a LOT more just to get a "free" nut!

We do specify the tolerance on the website, perhaps we should make it more prominent, it's possible you didn't see it as I believe you came to us from a link on another site. However in 7 years of making & supplying hoses we have never had this issue before, if there is any question that the shorter hose would not be safe for use on the car then please return it to us for replacement, we can do our best to make it 5mm "long" so it would match the other hose perfectly.

With regard to the nut, I could equally well point out that nowhere do we say, "supplied with nut" - whereas, for instance we do say on the banjo fittings, "copper washers supplied FOC" - when taking phone orders we ask the customer if they want nuts for the bulkheads at £1ea & I would say around 4 out of 5 prefer to use the original nuts they have.

I've seen your review of ourselves on the Rhocar site & I believe it is totally unfair, perhaps you would be kind enough to actually put a copy of our response to you on the site as well as I feel that might supply a more accurate overall picture. We have NEVER before had a poor review from anyone, in fact if you look at the locostbuilders site there are glowing reviews from many satisfied customers. You might at least have allowed us the opportunity of putting things right before "dissing" our good reputation in public!

Our aim is to satsify our customers & keep them happy, so, if you are unhappy then please let us do something to make that right.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Regards Russ

Firstly as russ mentioned it didn't state when ordering them or was difficult to spo about tolerances or nuts. his own admission says he needs to make this more prominent.

I will happily post the timeline of this.

I asked him how we proceed. his reply states I hope this clears it up.nothing about putting it right. I then write a post about poor customer service. that's whats this is about after all, and then he offers to sort it out.
Id be a happier chap if he just offered to put one of them right. I know 5mm probably isn't here or there to most of you,but if one company can get them exact why cant the next.
As far as name calling is concerned it shows what level people work on.
Ive got mental problems ,and im a dick, cock *bleep*tard and git as well. well done to you all.
If Russ has said 1st off send em back ill try better to get em closer and if you pay for the nuts ill post em for free back with the hoses. this would have been an AWESOME customer service thread

I own my own business and if made a mistake of 10mm difference id have to redo things at my cost. surely the customer and their happiness is of prime concern.