Battery Charger

Guest lotusPaul

Guest lotusPaul

Hi guys..normally I'd go for other brands but on this occasion I'd like to recommend an Automatic Battery Charger from Aldi.

At just £13.99 it's not a bad deal. Has the same ratings as more expensive brands.

As for use I just charged up a near dead flat battery in a day. My other brand name wouldn't get it going.

Highly recommend

Sometimes if a battery is very flat it doesn't register enough voltage on a smart charger for it to be recognised as a battery. In which case you need one of the old fashioned ones to give it some initial charge.

Smart chargers are all very well but the ring automotive one I bought only lasted about three years before expiring with a puff of smoke and a flash. Surprise surprise they don't offer a repair service so eighty quid goes in the dustbin. I needed one that could cope with a unimog battery otherwise I would have gone for a cheaper one.

My next one,already ordered is a conventional one.

Our new aldi is being built at the moment and which is good as they have all sorts of bargains and for 14 quid your charger looks like a good deal against my eighty quid brand name one.

ive had a golf caddy intelligent charger for years, it will recover near dead battery's etc but as kev said if the volts are to low it wont charge, all i do is jump start the charger as soon as it sees a reasonable voltage it will keep going. i plug my kit in when laid up through the ciggy socket to keep the gel battery healthy.. they are a good investment especially at the aldi price

Guest lotusPaul

Zero race sorry I didn't reply earlier. I have been into my Aldi in Amesbury and they were still there. That's 19 /11/15@1300 they have said that's it's not a special price as such it's just a special or limited time they sell them at. When they run out that's it. Some stores may have more than others.id pop in and check.

just to confirm, while not exactly dead my lotus battery was very flat. It's done well and brought it back to life enough to get it started.

I use a optimate from when I had bike can charge a very low battery and if god battery will bring it back to life.ad bonus is I can Leave it plugged in charging battery for weeks without worry of vercharge as it discharges and charges again and again.

I've used an Optimate for years as well but just bought one of the Aldi ones today as it has a higher rating more suited to larger capacity batteries. If it's as good as the Optimate I will be well pleased (has a 3 year warranty as well)