In Support Of Paris

sj-bradley

Guest 2b cruising

Mine too.

Unfortunately this world has changed so much, things like this can now happen anytime, anywhere.

My thoughts are with all the innocents involved in Friday nights terrible events.

Terrible news, just terrible - incredible anyone can think such action is appropriate to their cause. Thoughts go out to all involved, family, friends, emergency & military teams having to deal with it & those trying to live their civilised daily lives there at the moment.

Guest 2b cruising

Just how are we going to stop them.

Should at least be some kind of public courses available on what to watch for in out own nahgbourhoods.

Edited by 2b cruising

I think in a situation like a rock concert where people are all standing, people should be instructed to rush them and grab their arms.

Certainly be a lot less victims.

But the big question is... who would go first???

It even hurts just to think about that one.

On the public training issues, all of Leicester City Council, thats about 7000 I think (well it was before the cuts) has had training in identifying and reporting terrorism. To be honest most of it was common sense, however it backfired a little as people were informing on others they suspected eg anyone telling distasteful al qaeda jokes (and they clearly were jokes) or another example was an Indian cleaner left his employment and the rumour was he had gone back to his own country Pakistan :rofl: to fight for Isis.

I dont think it would hurt for a public information type film (remember them) to be aired regularly regarding this though.

I think in a situation like a rock concert where people are all standing, people should be instructed to rush them and grab their arms.

Certainly be a lot less victims.

But the big question is... who would go first???

I think no one would rush into automatic gunfire. That's reminiscent of World War I going up against machine guns. It's not going to happen.

Such tragic news. I pray that this will never happen again.

Simon.

Guest 2b cruising

One news clip shows civilians and armed police running away from a street corner when fired at.

Only one of them was brave enough to try and get back to a firing possision.

It most certainly isn't as simple as it sounds.

Takes a massive amount of training, guts, willpower and above all else bravery to carry out such actions.

Whoever he returning cop was, a medal would not be out of place.