Cooling System

nelmo

Emerald supply a Bosch sensor as their default, but the ECU can be set up to use different items. You need to find the specs for the sensor you want to use and adjust the settings in the ECU accordingly. Sensors/senders come in all sorts of thread sizes and probe lengths and you should be able to find something to suit your needs.

There is a similar problem to this when fitting a Z20LET/H engine in a kit as the temp sensor is mounted at the back of the head in an exhaust gas cooler. This either needs removing or the chassis modifying. Following Kerry's advice I removed it, fitted new core plugs and a blanking plate. Two more core plugs were then removed from the side of the head and senders for the ECU and the gauge fitted in these holes with a couple of adapters - take note Ken!

No idea what a zetec head looks like, but maybe popping a core plug out and fitting a sensor in the hole is something that could work on these too?

Guest alfaGTA

GBS kit will cost £217.98 for the thermostat housing and rail but it only gets water to the front of the engine, you still need £81.71 to connect the radiator to the water rail and the water pump to the radiator.

Plenty of options out there for an inline solution

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/aluminium-modular-inline-housing-32mm

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/aluminium-modular-insert-14-npt-female-thread

The ford pinto water temp sender I linked earlier is 1/4npt fitting (Rob/CMA used it too)

It doesn't have to be complex

P1010150.jpg

Guest 2b cruising

In the past I have used auto silicone hoses to get out of many problems.

Steel tubing of differing diameters, bends straights and the same with silicone stuff to.

They hav an on line catalogue too.

GBS kit will cost £217.98 for the thermostat housing and rail but it only gets water to the front of the engine, you still need £81.71 to connect the radiator to the water rail and the water pump to the radiator.

Yes, I discovered that last night - and you need £50 for the expansion tank.

I'm going to try do the normal system first to try save some cash.

Guest Soyabeann

Fantastic info as I'm doing the cooling on mine, I have a question to water temp turning the switch on for the fan would you recommend on 95 off 86 degrees or on 88 off 79 degrees?

That list was also great who would have thought a b&q part would make it under the bonnet

• 1 month later...
Guest 2b cruising

You can use flex you hose for the full system.

It's just that longer straight lengths are more stable if metal tubing is used.

Metal tubes only need fixing at each end where if they are flexible, they can easily rub through on either body parts or other ancills.