Theduck's S7 Winter Mods 2015

theduck

Stuart, just to echo what others have said, the position of those shoulder straps looks too high......your shoulders could easily slip out in a crash scenario. Don't take chances with something as critical as seatbelts.

Run them under the crossbar straight from the rear as Dan has said.

Guest 2b cruising

Might be worth you looking at thrashed post. Seats for sale.

I know you seem to like red as a colour but personally I would go for the safety aspect.

Not to far from you and might be open to offers.

Edited by 2b cruising

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the concern guys, I have taken on board all of your comments. I have sourced suitable head rests now, I did take a photo but then realised it contained clues towards my secret project so I cant post it. Will take another at some point soon though. The head rests are actually from an MG Midget so have a nice tall stem to them to bring the head rest to about the same height as my previous seats, which is exactly what I wanted.

Should have some more updates soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oops, haven't updated for a while! Work has been ongoing though on a lot of things I won't post yet, but today was a busy day and thanks to Alex coming round to help consisted of;

Completing the steering bearing mod - http://nw.rhocar.org/supporting_the_steering_shaft.htm- and raising the height of the wheel to get it out of my lap!

Removing the arb and fitting tie bars

Sorted the rear ride height. You may have seen I posted previously about the lack of rear ride height and asking for advice on what to do to resolve it. The conclusion was that others have had a similar issue on monocoque cars, and a spacer is required as the space for spring is wrong resulting in a low rear ride height. So we fitted a spacer today it has made a massive difference, and out the car at the height it needs to be!

Unbelievably we even had time for lots of other exciting things but I'm not revealing any details just yet as i am still hoping to get the details in the mag first, so I have missed the cut off for the spring mag as I won't be ready for another 3-4 Weeks, however as stoneleigh will therefore be happening before the mag it will go into, I might post some teasers on here before the mag write up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...