Good Evening

m1tch

Just a quick hello, I have just joined as I am in the process of building a GBS Zero.

I am a serving soldier and building the car in a leaky garage that has no power but its all going well so far. I have a few questions but will try and contribute over the coming weeks before I start asking questions.

I have a blog here: http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.ukso feel free to tell me where I'm going right or wrong. 8)

Guest 2b cruising

Hi Chris and welcome to the club.

When you get your joining package it will include a members location list that you might find handy.

You can then at least find members that are near to you.

Every member I have met so far has been helpful as you will no doubt find out for yourself by not being shy and asking any questions on the forum.

I own a pre built 2b that I bought last year and the only thing I am sorry about is that I did not buy one earlier in my life.

Always seemed to busy back then trying to provide a decent living for my young family.

I wish you all the best with your build and never think that it is taking you to long to do as you will find some people complete in a few short months and others take a few long years.

The point is enjoy doing it and keep thinking about how great it will be to drive around in your personally built machine. Especially in that part of the country. Yes I know what it's like around there as my son lives just over the other side of the bridge and works in Pembroke power station.

Maybe see you some time.

All the best. Ken.

Welcome Chris.

You dont know how well off you are building a Zero & not a 2B.

Panels that fit & are marked with what they are would have been a godsend.

The 3.92 diff is a good idea assuming youre fitting a Zetec?

The 16V engines like to rev & the 3.62 can bog them down a bit.

One word of advice.....some of us have found that the brass tubular filter screwed into the fuel pump clogs up easily.

Ditch it & fit a plain tail to the pump, or drill/punch out the filter innards.

It looks like you are fitting a large black filter separately. Thats the best way.

Looking good so far

Cheers, Bob

Guest oshiney2

welcome Chris from us all in Dunfermline fife you are joining the best club in the uk the guys are all very helpful so don't be afraid to ask anything there will be someone that will know the answer to your question good luck mate.

Welcome to the forum and the club Chris. I have had a read of your blog and you are making great progress.

There are quite a few of us who have been through what you are doing so there is a lot of experience on hand, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Hello Chris, welcome to the forum.

As you will find, there is a diverse membership, always willing to help and advise, and some very knowlagable people, as you will find, not always agreeing with each other ☺.

A case in point, diff ratio options can give better acceleration, or grater top speed, on a Zero, at under 600kg personnaly feel effect on Zetec is marginal.

Zero filter is before the pump, so not sure why you need any mod, although it blinking well doesn't seal without tape . Big problem is the use of bonding agent to seal tank sender, blocks up fuel tank outlet. You will have new tank, sealant not require.

Guest 2b cruising

As said above, diff ratios marginal, but hey at that price what the heck.

You can always come to a better ratio later on when you have got used to your car.

Don't jump and swap around all the time it will end up costing you thousands before you get on the road.

Unless you are mega rich and don't care about expense, form your build plan and stick to it.

Mods can all, and probably will come later.

Edited by 2b cruising

Wow, what a friendly welcome - I've been on forums where intros don't even get replied to (like my current day to day car forum) so thank you.

I have got a build plan (ish) and have to stick to it for budget reasons. Im buying the parts in 4 stages really, the first was the starter kit, brake set up, fuel lines and filters, wiring harness and a few other bits. Next will be getting it to a rolling chassis stage, then hoping for engine and gearbox with radiator etc so I can start it up, and finally anything left.

I intend joining the forum as a member but read last night that membership runs from 1st jan to 31st Dec, does that mean if i pay now I will have to renew in Jan? If so is it worth waiting?

Anyway, having loads of fun building at the moment, I love a challenge and having no manual definitely makes it that! Looks like I will be spending lots of time on here and hopefully able to contribute rather than just take.

Guest 2b cruising

Old question.

When I joined it was late in the year.

I only had to pay a minimal amount the following year though.

Administrator will no doubt be along soon to put me right though.

If full price, you can wait till January anyway as you can post questions anyway.

It's only closed sites you won't be able to join. it members chat.