Stoneleigh 2016 National Kit Car Show 1St 2Nd May

philshelton

Really enjoyed the weekend drank too much ate too much and loved that my boy came and wants to come again would of been even better if the missus and my other boy could of come he would love it but trying to keep him off all the cars would of bin murder but might try them at end of season as long as people don't mind the disruption lol

• Like 1

Was a great weekend meeting all the other family again lol definitely drank a lot not too much but some good stuff lol had a rough running car on arrival sweet on way home till it decided to throw cam follower again fixed in services again lol then got home and found all cam followers were very worn but had spare ones so all good again

• Like 2

Guest busman770

My first time to this was on a downer as car couldn't come but I was riding shot gun thanks Tommy. Never seem to to drink like that any where else nice to see every one again looking forward to allerton park

Looks like our kit wont be coming the weekend as refuse to pay 1 month tax for 1 day. !!1

Big thanks to all the guys & girls for looking after us all.

Looks like not getting the road tax on the kit - paid off....

An extremely expensive, but deserved weekend....Considering we were visiting the show to see all the friends and family and order a surrey top for the kit....

...Well we got the surrey top, but now need a bigger garage...? :crazy:

Absolutely exhausted :lazy: and going back to work ( :rofl: sorry for swear word), to pay the bills and have a rest.

Edited by Dino
  • Like 3

More good times to report here! Thanks as always to the team for organising - particularly the hog roast which was as excellent as always, nyom nyom!

As constructive criticism - and I'll offer to bring them next year if need be - but the burgers were a bit small and could be improved, I'm happy to collect a big catering pack of burgers from Costco next year. The supermarket ones of this year shrivelled up to hockey pucks! Will be more than £1 each though, granted, but still easily cheaper than the overpriced burgers at the stalls... which personally, I'd pay for.

• Like 1

Great weekend catching up with people and chatting to new ones.

I think we had a good turnout. especially as the weather was looking not ideal.

we waited till it stopped then set off back...glad we did..

bought some things to upgrade the hood even more. nothing major

got some ideas for half roofs though.. which I desperately need a better one.

More good times to report here! Thanks as always to the team for organising - particularly the hog roast which was as excellent as always, nyom nyom!

As constructive criticism - and I'll offer to bring them next year if need be - but the burgers were a bit small and could be improved, I'm happy to collect a big catering pack of burgers from Costco next year. The supermarket ones of this year shrivelled up to hockey pucks! Will be more than £1 each though, granted, but still easily cheaper than the overpriced burgers at the stalls... which personally, I'd pay for.

Missed the burgers but we also have a cosco card and there is one on the Coventry road which we pass. I can always collect some and bring next year if needed I can fit them in the kit :-)

I had a great weekend and a massive thanks to Phil and all those who helped out - especially the few at the end of the show helping pack-up in the pouring rain.

Also thanks to Nick (Shaft) for your help loading and unloading the show equipment at my end and also for sorting out the drying of it all when I got back last night.

I did miss the social side of things by not camping / drinking, but needs-must as it was either that or no club equipment for the weekend. I certainly didn't miss the freezing cold tent though lol.

Regards the burgers, I take on board your feed back and genuinely appreciate the offers of help with costco cards for next year :).

I think the RHOCaR stand did the club proud. It looked great sat on that corner and there was a really good turn out of cars (weather considered) and members supporting. Thank you to everyone who supported the club this weekend!!

Edited by steamer
  • Like 6

Missed the burgers but we also have a cosco card and there is one on the Coventry road which we pass. I can always collect some and bring next year if needed I can fit them in the kit :-)

Aye, that's where we go too. In all fairness, after I posted, I realised it would be nothing for someone to just nip out of the show in their kit and run up there, grab a bag, and run back. An hour, tops, and an excuse for a little run-out in the kit ;)

• Like 1

Hi all yes I agree another great weekend was had at RHOCAR

but in the last five years I have seen Stoneleigh decrease in size year on year.

walking round chatting to various people and stall holders there were a fair few saying this would be there last year attending/trading.

I have never seen the place so empty -after speaking to the staff at the hotel they were saying that in the last few years they have gone from full capacity to having rooms available and un booked for the weekend.

this is the great Stoneleigh that I look forward to all year maybe it needs better advertising

then just the kitcar/car mechanical type magazines

Guest alexpink

Had a great time meeting lots of new people and catching up with old friends.

First time I've taken my car camping, and was surprised just how much could actually fit in it; it did seem to gain a mind of it's own and wandered off in the middle of the night though....