Engine Rebuild - Advice Wanted

Guest Boost

Been measuring and calculating tonight.... Compression ratio or more like how much to skim off the head!

The new pistons are 0.1mm shorter than the old ones increasing the deck height to 0.532mm

Bore is now 91.8, head gasket is 92.7 x 1.3. Stroke unchanged at 76.95.

I calculated the rough shape of cylinder head volume as standard to be 75 x 51.2 x 12.5 to give a volume of 48cc

So if I skim 1.5mm off that gives 75 x 51.2 x 11 = 42 cc

This gives me a CR of 10.21:1 Paul's spreadsheet also tells me that skimming 1.5mm off will reduce the head volume to 41cc (so my cals were not far off!)

This gives a CR of 10.38:1

So I think I will skim off 1.5mm or 60 thou in old money and the CR will be somewhere near the 2 figures I've worked out. Happy Days!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mower man

That should be absolutly fine ,my 2.1 ran with zero deck hieght and a 1.5 mill [comperessed gskt] ,can't give chamber figs but asked P,Burgessto modd to give 10.5 cr ,with newman cam stage 2 and single 38 dgas it gave 144 .7 at the crank ,about 127 onthe deck enjoy it!! mick :crazy:

Got pistons in now, and even thought the new ones are 0.1mm shorter (from crown to gudgeon pin top) which should have increased the deck height by 0.1mm it has actually reduced it by 0.13mm, must be due to the new main bearings and big end I think. An

Any way just re calculated the compression ratio and its now at 10.55:1!.

Hope it will hold together!