Front Wing Brackets

Guest Kitcarkris

Guest Kitcarkris

Hello all,

Has anyone got some detailed pictures of their front wing brackets. i have a 2b with sliding pillar suspension and would like to see what is the best way to fit the cycle wings. Any suggestions or tips appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Kris

The brackets definitely need reinforcing. Many broke after a few miles

The tubes oscillate on the flat plate, so weld in two small triangular shapes

to stop the tube moving. Sorry I have no pictures, but its all been covered

on here before.

Wish-bone suspension so may not be useful -- Made the wing brackets for Florin from 3 x 20 flat s/steel -- added a second strip which tapered from fixing to just short of the mudguard -- these two were silver soldered together-- mounting points on hub were by extended 8.8 studs on calliper fixings & drilled & tapped holes in front of calliper. The parallel part of the bracket continued under the mudguard to be a close fit , in our case mudguard was fixed with M6 mushroom headed set screws.

I believe the RH brackets failed prematurely because there was no account taken of the mudguard vibration which could only be cancelled at the root of the bracket where it was fixed to the hub.

My efforts for an alternative design allow the vibration to be dissipated through-out the length of the bracket IMO

Use a thick steel lower plate..and some thick walled tubing.the original stuff is way too this.where the flat plate meets the tubing as mentioned weld in some triangular fillets to reinforce.