Smiths Telemetrix Backlight

Guest alexpink

Guest alexpink

The backlight for my smiths telemetrix rev counter has blown. Unfortunately (and unlike the auxiliary gauges) it does not have a bulb holder on the rear; it instead appears to be a sealed unit with a light inside and a multiplug on the rear for the various connections.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the gauge body apart to replace the bulb, or how to fix it?

Guest alexpink

All gauges are wired correctly and work (or, in the case of the rev counter backlight, used to work). The correctly supply is given to the backlight feed and it is earthed correctly, so the problem lies within the gauge itself. Is there a way to open the case to replace the bulb?

Guest ali2992

I have noticed this too, as I was originally planning on changing the backlight colours. As best as I could tell the only way would be removing the bezel and going through the front, but I don't think it's possible without breaking something, or that its possible to even put it back on after. I think they're like integrated LED's in the speedo and tacho though so even if you did get in then its not going to be a simple switch out like a bulb