Rx8 6 Speed In A Zero 😃

Guest zoomzoom

Guest lotusPaul

The Mazda box is a very easy straight forward swap. The gear lever isn't in the same position but is close and some prefer it.

It's also worth noting that the same box is in different cars and guises and strangely difference in prices.

looking at the ratios of the 6sp box only 6 is overdrive and 5 is 1:1. Therefore you need to work out is it suitable for you.

The 5 speed has 4th as direct and 5 as overdrive.

depending on torque characteristics of your engine a four speed may be better.

Back to the original post..I have used a lexus is 200 box behind a high review 1800 xflow in a westy.its a good fit and only slightly different from the type 9 it had. They are Same box.

Hope it helps

Guest zoomzoom

I'm using the car mostly on track now and find the current gearing frustrating on most of the tracks I drive ...

I got the box for free with some other parts so as ever I'm trying to keep cost as low as possible

Thanks for all the advice it's appreciated, I'll keep you updated on how it goes 😃

• 7 months later...
Guest Jackthelad

Hi did you manage to get the rx8 6sp fitted? I'm currently building a 2b and fitting it with a 2.0zetec series 3, 6sp rx8 box and a 3.92 lsd. Any advise would be appreciated ?

Thanks