Tax-Free Robin Hoods?

Guest boggie

Afternoon all,

There appears to be a new petition to fully reintroduce the 25yr classic car taxing we used to enjoy but scrapped by Labour:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119497/signatures/new

Worth signing to protect future classics not to mention the fact that a lot of us have qualifying cars due to using a donor vehicle manufactured before 1991....

Thanks,

B

Guest Ian & Carole

I thought our kits were detailed as first registered at SVA/IVA so that is the start of life for the car --- which is why kits get 3 years before MOT due -- or is that totally the wrong way of things?

Yep Bob thats how I see it.

Our 2b was registered 2003.

However our Beauford, because it was built prior to SVA it retained the doner date of 1978 so nearly there .

I don't think to much fuss should be made on this topic.

Loopholes are to easily closed.

True but this isn't a loophole; it was a promise made by the Tories we need to remind them of.

Apparently it's date of first use on the V5 that matters not date it passed IVA/SVA, which I think was called date of registration. The Stylus had a date of first use as 1976 but a date of registration as 2004. But as I don't own it any more who knows.

That is correct. My Sierra donor was registered in 1986 but my RH was built much later. However, first use is listed as 1986 so is counted as 30 years old as far as taxation is concerned.

It's jumped over a thousand since I signed it yesterday afternoon. Mine is a q plate so first registration is 1996. Looks like a while to Wait anyway. There are a couple of other vehicles in the garage that may benefit though.