Barbon Hill Climb Saturday 2Nd July 2016

Guest red7

A contingent of RHOCAR North East Area members will be attending Barbon Hill Climb again this year. In the past we have camped in Dent Village and had some great nights in the village pub renown for it's Kamikaze ale. The Hill Climb action is superb viewing and it's fascinating to walk around the team tents watching the cars being prepared for the competition.

Would anyone else like to join us this year?

Barbon is near Kirkby Lonsdale. Unfortunately to compete you need full safety equipment and a race licence. Great spectator event though because you can see the start and finish lines.

Guest mark little

I'll be up for it, somebody will have to remind me nearer the time as I haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of remembering that far ahead.

Cheers Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Not driving I work on the car in the pits. Last year we finished 6th in the national hillclimb championship the car was a Force pc with a 1300 hayabusa plus turbo giving 450bhp it took 3 years development to get that!

This year we have a Gould with a 3.5 litre Nicholson Mclaran giving around 850bhp. Testing is producing some very good times etc.first competitive events are Prescott and Craigantlet in Northern Ireland the end of April.

Not driving I work on the car in the pits. Last year we finished 6th in the national hillclimb championship the car was a Force pc with a 1300 hayabusa plus turbo giving 450bhp it took 3 years development to get that!

This year we have a Gould with a 3.5 litre Nicholson Mclaran giving around 850bhp. Testing is producing some very good times etc.first competitive events are Prescott and Craigantlet in Northern Ireland the end of April.

850bhp?!! :o Holy Cow - got any links/pics? No idea what a Gould is...