Kitspares High Pressure Fuel Pump

WallerZ

Guest 2b cruising

As long as the pump you are currently using is coping with the flow and pressure you need, changing it will make no dirrerence to the running of your car.

You say high pressure pump so I imagine you are on injection system.

If so the only time you might need higher flow and pressure is if you were changing the injectors for upgrades.

Yes, I'm upgrading my engine from a 1.6litre 4 cylinder to a 2.5 litre V6 with the view to potentially up the power again in 12+ months to potentially take FI should i feel that more power and the challenge of FI is required. Ideally I would have a pump that could take the 2nd upgrade too or keep it simple and upgrade again if there was to be an issue doing it with just 1.

Guest lotusPaul

Are you on carbs at moment and using carb on bigger engine.? Carbs need very little pressure.a little too much can cause no end of problems. If this is the case then your probably ok with a standard low pressure pump, presumably what's comes with each engine.

EFI

Yes you will need a high pressure pump. 044 or equivalent is good for most aplications.

NOW

if you put a 044 pump on a carb then say bye bye to every seal in the fuel system. UNLESS you reduce the pressure. Incidently I'm working on an MGB set up like this. It's got an adjustable pressure filter king on it. This is ok at moment but really it's a waste of the pump and filter when the original was fine. Each to their own.

That is a very valid shout Mick! I haven't had a look at the MX6 fuel tank yet but being a Mazda...I have a feeling its the similar in tank design to the MX5 one I've had all the issues with....

Also with reading up on turbo MX6 builds I've seen they have had to upgrade the fuel pump to cope as well so don't think they're as over engineered as other aspects of Mazdas lol

Guest lotusPaul

A bosch 044 will therefore suit your requirements..its about same price as a Ford / Mazda 3.0 v6 pump too..or was..

flows good enough for hundreds of ponies so I think will be future proof as far as your mods are intended.