Hood Daytona?

Guest davidtheloon

Guest davidtheloon

Hi,

I am trying to research some info Robin Hood kit cars in regard to my possibly buying a 1970s ferrari daytona spyder Robin Hood kit car with jag v12 engine. Through a friend of a friend, its been dry stored for a long time and am waiting for full details and pics.

What am trying to find out is what is a good price to pay for it! It has only done 16000 miles, is red with black roof, looks ok in phone pics! It will need recommissioning but is up together.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David

Guest chris brown

These are few and far between but as for price it has to be up to you as with any kitcar there are so many variables to consider that you have to decide what you are willing to pay

Guest 2b cruising

Whatever you pay, be ready to spend a couple of grand more both recommissioning, then bringing it up to the standard you will be happy with. Just remember a kit car is never finished.

Would be good to see it on the road.

Guest davidtheloon

Thank you. Yes its been registered and on the road before but will check paperwork out when i see it next week. i understand its complete and in good condition. We are talking about 19k to buy it, does that sound right??

cheers, D

So few were made that I am not aware of one anywhere within the club, and despite trying I have not yet ever seen one for sale, so value is really impossible to judge.

There were 3 types of Daytona kit, a rover sd1 panel kit, a jaguar based kit and a triumph tr7 based kit. Being as the one you are looking at has a jaguar v12 I would assume that it was a jaguar based kit.

• Like 1

Guest Turboz

Oh no that sounds a *bleep* load of money for a kit guys you could buy an actual Ferrari for half that money and then you haven't got a car build buy some random amateur in his shed (who will no doubt be claiming he's an Aero space engineer)

Guest 2b cruising

Take someone along with you that really does know what he is doing.

Some kit's, ie arristocats ss100's do go for a lot of money but are usually built to original spec.

I have had a quick look around the web but cannot find anything but pictures of Daytona anywhere.

At that kind of money it should look and be like the real thing internally and externally. Professionally finished trim and everything.

Try calling somebody like complete kit car and ask if they have any old articles on the actual car or a similar one.

One number that I have along with email is Adam Wilkins Editor. 01476 978843. adam@performancepublishing.co.uk

I am not saying they will help but just might.

If the car is worth that money, it will be a special one and should have been very well stored.

Keep it in your mind that with kit cars, it is never how much they cost to build, but how it was built and how resellable it will be.

Many kit built Cobras can easily be over £20,000 but only when well built and serviced.

Jag v12 was not that particularly a popular engine, especially the early ones.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest mower man

I only saw photos of the rover based car and its awhile ago when RH was based in Nottingham but it was a lookalike more than a replica [there is a long way between them ] as to post saying you could buy a real ferrari for 10 k tel me where please ,as said above be very carefull as it could be pile of pain and 20 k could buy some very nice cars , top class reps hold in my op stupid prices but if you are convinced go for it but dont come weeping if its not what you are expecting mick :acute: :sorry: