Steering Wheel/clutch Distance Adjustment

Guest colsmac

Guest 2b cruising

I even wear slippers or very light shoes when driving making the above very easy to do and get used to.

My shoes go in the passenger footwell or boot depending on passenger or not.

It is even possible to fit a small foot rest below clutch pedal to completely rest your foot.

Obviously if some good legal fun is being had, this is not recommended.

Guest colsmac

Thanks Wheely good builder for your reply. I have to move my position in the seat, then move my leg to an angle to get it onto the pedal. Sure you understand, that is unacceptable and possibly dangerous.

Maybe have to take the plunge and fork out for seats, has anyone fitted cobra seats or similar type if they give more leg room? or may be have to buy the fibre glass type?

Cobra seats on RUNNERS + straighten out the pedals + adjustable steering column & one that is too late for your car -- make the drivers foot-well as wide as possible -- I can drive Florin in my walking boots plus have built in a foot-rest along-side the clutch pedal.

But could do with a cruise control for those long, long journeys when mileage must be covered/

Guest 2b cruising

If you are on cable clutch it might be an adjuster fault. Plastic ratchet system. Different colours for different pull lengths.

If hydraulic, pedal usually has a stop on it.

Pedal box cover is best removed to sort it unless floor mounted pedals.

Cheaper way to give more distance between pedals and steering wheel would be a dished wheel.

Even with one of these I would fit a removable wheel.

Much much easier access with the steering wheel off.

Pleanty of people use cobra. Some use mx5's. Much thinner seat but still cushioned.

Plastic or grp might be to uncomfortable on runs. Would probably put you off the car completely.

I'm 5'10 and manage mine without problems.

A mate of 6'+ drove it and had the same problem as yourself. He was wearing steely work boots though.

Edited by 2b cruising

• 4 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

Ive cobra seats in my 2b i lifted the seat runners up front by1" I'm nearly 6' size,10 shoes ,on long runs i tuck my left foot under my righ leg or under the clutch pedle

Peter2b