Robin Hood Bad Press!

Guest Radders

Guest chris brown

Not only are Robin hoods best value for money (grins per mile) but when you have seen one Caterham you have seen them all but see one Hood and that is what you see "one" as no two are the same. Every builder puts his/her (yes I know of at least one lady who built a 2B) own mark on it. Just take the bonnet as an example there must be at least 20 different ways it is attached on the 2B alone never mind all the other models

Guest Radders

Interestingly.... I was blasting about today and a jet black 2016 Golf R came rasping up behind me...we were laughing at each other and playing cat and mouse for about 3 miles neck and neck. Then we came to some traffic lights on dual carriageway - we were side by side. As the lights turned orange I could hear his turbo howling as he prepared. Green! We both let rip and took off like rockets....I nosed ahead about a cars length right up to 80mph and then we bad to back off for a roundabout. When I got home I looked up the Golf stats and it does 0 - 60 in 4.9 seconds! I comfortably took him out and he was definitely gunning that thing. I rest my case about by Hood and can guarantee that she'll do 60 easily under 5 seconds.

....I nosed ahead about a cars length right up to 80mph and then we bad to back off for a roundabout.

Obviously on a private dual carriageway with a private roundabout as you wouldn't mention doing this on a public road in a post on a public forum? ;)

• Like 2

It was only an indicated 80 Nick,observed when not looking at the female Golf driver.

Sorry -- just re-read -- his howling turbo -- takes all sorts.

Edited by florin metal works

Guest Radders

Well I very rarely drive my car fast....every now and then it does you good to have fun....we were safe and didn't involve anyone else, I won't be losing sleep over it, in fact I enjoyed it. I bet you have never broken a speed limit or a law in your life....hang on, what's that glinting in my eye, oh it's the sun catching your halo.

Guest 2b cruising

Interestingly.... I was blasting about today and a jet black 2016 Golf R came rasping up behind me...we were laughing at each other and playing cat and mouse for about 3 miles neck and neck. Then we came to some traffic lights on dual carriageway - we were side by side. As the lights turned orange I could hear his turbo howling as he prepared. Green! We both let rip and took off like rockets....I nosed ahead about a cars length right up to 80mph and then we bad to back off for a roundabout. When I got home I looked up the Golf stats and it does 0 - 60 in 4.9 seconds! I comfortably took him out and he was definitely gunning that thing. I rest my case about by Hood and can guarantee that she'll do 60 easily under 5 seconds.

Why did you lift off for such a thing as a roundabout on tour estate?

Those are the best places to leave little boys behind.

Well I very rarely drive my car fast....every now and then it does you good to have fun....we were safe and didn't involve anyone else, I won't be losing sleep over it, in fact I enjoyed it. I bet you have never broken a speed limit or a law in your life....hang on, what's that glinting in my eye, oh it's the sun catching your halo.

I'm sorry I posted this from the police station after a 12 hour shift and was a bit grumpy.
  • Like 4

Mine was fairly standard and I reckoned it was around 7 seconds. I was more than happy with that for what it was.

Handling was also very assured and even on duff tyres at the time, I hustled it around the ring in circa 10 mins.

I always used to say it was better at cornering than I was. You certainly don't want a car that will ever corner worse than you think eh? :shok:

They are what they are and they're all different. We had a bunch of Westie owners at the Club night a few years back. They were all lamenting how 'theirs' all looked the same.

I even heard that some Caterham & Westie owners take their vehicles in for servicing! :shok:

Guest 2b cruising

Agreed I suppose I've been a little to light hearted on this post and should take things seriously.

I don't usually speed. I never, ever chase or race. Never even been on a track.

Oh yes I forgot, been round Thruxton in an army Land Rover if that counts.

Edited by 2b cruising

From what i have read on other forums, RH can be "challenging" to put together. Even then they are rarely symmetrical.

Plus they can be a bit heavy. But mainly its the build some tend to pull their hair out with.

Having said that, during an argument on another forum one chap said something to the tune of "some of the RH lot have built their cars to

very high standards, which is testament to their engineering skills" ......... So a bit of praise at the same time eh?

Then there is the "if its so cheap it must be rubbish" crew.

Biggest kit car club in the world isnt it?

Some of us have a few quid as well.. So there must be something else in it

• Like 1