Weather Gear

Guest BarrieF

Guest Gargoil

How isn't it lining up?

Hand built cars mean that things aren't always symmetrical, so start at the parts that need to fit in a certain way (windscreen, rear edge of the boot) and just make everything else fit the best you can.

No one is going to comment on a few poppers that aren't in the same place on each side.

Besides, as Bob says above, full weather gear doesn't get used much, mines been behind the seats for 2 years now. :nea:

I had similar problems when fitting mine over the winter period. One important measurement is the 66" from the top of the screen, to the rear panel top edge! After getting this correct, it's a matter of getting the poppers around the screen, and rear end, transferring these measurements to to the hood, and fitting female poppers. Then you can struggle with the positioning of the two hoops. I found on the 2B that the smaller hinged bar tangles around the roll bar, so I can understand why some leave this bar out. I then made brackets which attach to the rear side tubes, above the rear wings, which enable me to remove the support tubes, when not in use. A strap around the roll over bar, and the hood support tubes then allows you to tension the hood after fitting. I'm just waiting for some warm weather so that I can stretch the creases from my hood so that it fits more tautly.

Guest Radders

I don't have any weather gear because I have no intention of driving the car in the wet. Cold I can handle, heater on full v6 pumping out heat galore = cosy cabin. I am in the process of having a Surrey top made so I can quickly attach it if I do get caught in a shower...but full wet gear, personally I never understood it on a 7 car?