Phase Converter - Please Help

richardm6994

yep 200v or 400v

dont know how the power feed and dro are wired but normally they are all connected into the termanal box on the side wich will then feed the power feed and dro and motor. then adjustments in the motor termanal box to alow for 400v or 200v. when you get the serial number of the machine will be able to get wiring dirgrams.

depends if you want a motor spinning a generator in the cornor to create 415v, yes more then 1 device can be installed to a rotary but there is no controll over the output.

ditigal can only really have one machine conected to it as you set it up to that machine, but you have a lot more control over that machine.plus are more energy efficant.

I understood that a three-phase suppy was three supply voltages and (at the consumer end) neutral (neutral from star transformer, but not delta transformer). If you measure between any two of the three phases, you will get 415v. If you measure between one phase and neutral you will get 240v. Houses (single phase) are connected to one of the phases and neutral - your house may be on a different phase to your neighbour.

E&OE, -steve

Guest peter2b2002

home now I have a Huanyang inverter (HY series inverter)that I got off eBay less than £100 simple to use comes with full if over detailed instructions 240 volts in 3 phase out all in a small box runs my 3hp car lift ok even though it said it would be OK up to 3hp I found its better for 2hp as it will suply power to lift my mgb 2b ,z3 but can only lift my freelander up 4ft high then runs out of puff

peter2b

yep 200v or 400v

dont know how the power feed and dro are wired but normally they are all connected into the termanal box on the side wich will then feed the power feed and dro and motor. then adjustments in the motor termanal box to alow for 400v or 200v. when you get the serial number of the machine will be able to get wiring dirgrams.

depends if you want a motor spinning a generator in the cornor to create 415v, yes more then 1 device can be installed to a rotary but there is no controll over the output.

ditigal can only really have one machine conected to it as you set it up to that machine, but you have a lot more control over that machine.plus are more energy efficant.

rotary converters are NOT a motor spinning a generator they've move on since the dark ages,

have a read of this, there's loads more info on their site.

http://www.powercapacitors.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/RT1_rotary_converter_literature_overview.pdf

if I had to buy a VFD for every machine I want to run on single phase it would cost more than a single rotary converter and I also have machines that are not duel voltage I.E. star delta, so wont run on a VFD. and don't forget there's no neutral with a VFD

I was always taught to think of the future.

It's horses for courses.

Ivan, really appreciate your input and I'm starting to sway towards the transwave rotary converter.

Looking at the link on your last post, it shows a big blue box with what looks like a red 32amp socket. If I was to buy this type of converter, is it as simply as feeding 240volts into the box and then plugging the milling machine into the red socket (change the terminals to star)....and when doing this, my dro's and power feed will work as well?

Edited by steamer

Ivan, really appreciate your input and I'm starting to sway towards the transwave rotary converter.

Looking at the link on your last post, it shows a big blue box with what looks like a red 32amp socket. If I was to buy this type of converter, is it as simply as feeding 240volts into the box and then plugging the milling machine into the red socket (change the terminals to star)....and when doing this, my dro's and power feed will work as well?

exactly. if your mill has been running on 415v three phase then it's just plug and play. my friend who has a shed near mine uses my rotary to run a £10,000 copper wire granulator/separator which has electronic control and 4 motors again just plug and play

have a look on Ebay etc picked mine up cheep was dam lucky though

Edited by ivorbigun
  • Like 1

yes to both

I run my mill and lathe at the same time on a 3hp one.

but if you have a J2 head ( J1 is change belt on pulleys J2 is variable pulley controlled by a small handle ) it makes no difference that you would notice I certainly don't.