Rear Cycle Wings?

Guest Greenys Meanies

I reckon the body of the rear is too wide. Cycle wings work where the wheels are a fair distance out from the body and there's a gap in betwee. At the rear the body is too wide. At best you'd get wings which bob up and down right next to a body panel, but maintaining a clearance gap would be difficult - the wheels don't go up and down vertically!

Ant

Guest Battery Bill

Darren

Has anybody thought about converting the rear end to cycle wings like the front or am i living in la la land?
:D

Thats a good idea for someone :D :D

Be careful you might get a bit of a reputation on this site if you come up with a different idea (And some people don't like it ) :p :lol: :lol:

Just do a search for Battery in Boot and you will understand what I mean. :D

See you

Bill and Joey

Guest chris brown

Darren

Bills only jealous because you thought of it before he did

But seriously through cycle wings look great with boat tail but as Ant says they would be too close to the body and even if they weren’t that’s an awful suspension to leave on show

Guest Battery Bill

Oy Chris :gdit:

Stop siding with Ant :p :p Darren came round tonight and we discussed his idea and it sounds pretty good to me, and you would not see any suspension, the rear wings could bolt directly on to the trailing wishbones and you could fit a flat panel inboard of the wheel to cover the gap. I recon it would look pretty good. :D

And No we are not doing it with ours :D :D We are not Sheep like some :p :p

Guest Greenys Meanies

:gdit: anyway chris, getting back to the arches..... don't you think the gap difference between the tyre and arch (back being bigger!) is more of an eyesore than the sierra trailing arms? anyway rear double wishbones would cure that problem , make it handle better, save weight and ensure wheels go up and down... :gdit:

don't you think the gap difference between the tyre and arch is more of an eyesore

It doesn't look great if you don't do anything about it. One easy option is to use the donor arch liners inside the rear arches to create a black background. That helps loads as there's no longer anything to look at in there. Alternatively, how about simple lowering the arch and putting a panel above it? Both pretty easy to do. then there's the rear wheel shim solution which means you can run with a lower ground clearance and still have vertical wheels.

This is one of those "it's your car - do what you like with it" things. Robin Hood building "convention" (if there is such a thing) wouldn#'t have cycle wings at the back, but it's your kit and you're the one building it, and you're the one driving it afterwards, so do what ye like with it!

Ant