New Toy Has Arrived!

richardm6994

Hi steamer I have a manual and parts list on cd if you'd like one, pm me your address and I'll post you a copy .

don't know what you paid for it but looks like a bargain, I only managed to get the basic model I.E. no power feed coolant tray etc but at least I have the J2 head, I've added a power feed to the x axis and picked up a slotting attachment on the bay fairly cheap love to get a CNC one one day. it does for my skill level though ie still an apprentice at 58

Looks good Dan. So far I've managed to get the head converted to single phase and got the DRO working......currently working on the power feeds (hence the all the DC voltage questions......)

A couple of years ago, I converted a manually operated machine to 4 axis CNC (similar machine to a milling machine) which we use at work for cutting rectangular holes in aluminium extrusions to mount light modules.

The head on the machine moves in 3 axis and then there is a 4 axis on the table which is basically a movable stop so that you slide the extrusion into the machine and the end of the extrusion hits the stop at the programmed position.

The most expensive bits were the ball screws.....especially the one of the 4th axis as it is about 50mm dia and 7meters long!!

CBC24740-F549-4476-963B-CA02B99F6F23_zps