32/36 Dgav Or 38 Dgas

Gusty

Hi all,

Would either of the above work well with a 2.0 Pinto , FR32 cam and standard Bosch vacuum dizzy?

I'm going to try once more with the twin Dellortos but if I can't get it so it's driveable they are coming off and I'm considering one of the above. I just want something that's simple and reliable.

Cheers Andy

Either one will work well, but be aware these carbs can be 30 years old.

Stick out for a good one.

The DGAS opens both barrels simultaneously, & makes the engine feel "snappier"

The DGAV will give slightly better consumption.

The Dellortos should work well, & give more power than the Webers.

They do need setting up though...a rolling road is always a good investment.

If I could get the Dellortos to work so it's driveable I would happily take it to the rolling road but it's being a pig. I've rebuilt them , bought the correct mounting kit and still it's a bag of crap!! I will have one more attempt then they are coming off! Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Will I have to cut the bonnet to accommodate the above carbs or will they fit under the 2b bonnet?

Cheers

Edited by Gusty

Guest alexpink

Bike carbs for me easy to set up

Agree with bike carbs. Easy set up, good power, and work really well on a pinto. You will be able to get a conversion kit from danST for around the price you sell the dellortos for. I made the change from twin 40s to a 30/34, to bike carbs, and haven't looked back. People rave about them for a good reason!

cant remember how much had three kits from danst now cant seem to stop swapping engines :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:

just give him a ring very nice chap

I always get a vacuum connection on every inlet cos much better for balancing with four gauges at same time and if you are still running a vac advance then make a plenum or Danst can supply one and if you are still running a servo you will need a larger vac connection on number four inlet

Edited by tractor

Guest alexpink

Total cost for my bike carb kit from danST was just over £400 including delivery.

For that price I got 37mm carbs (you won't need 40mm unless running 180+bhp, and the smaller ones give better low down torque); silicon hose joiners; inlet manifold; manifold gasket; 1.6mm main jets.

This is enough to get you running to a rolling road, but I found with my YZF600 carbs I needed the air correctors blocking and the jets taking out to 1.75mm.

I also bought a pipercross PX504D and baseplate from danST at a later date for £100.

Drop him an email; he's quick to reply, has quite possibly the best customer service I've come across, and does some top quality work.