1.7Lt Puma Zetec

ivorbigun

Anyone know anything about these or used one in a RWD configuration ? Got first dibs one a whole rusty low mileage car was thinking of putting it in the dutton , will it mate to a mt75 box?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yeh just found that out although Caterham married them to a type 9 apparently does that mean that the mx5 gearbox would work ?

I can see I'm going to spend most of the weekend researching this,

thanks duck

They did use a type 9 but pretty certain it was a custom bell housing. It's a cracking engine when running well, but not much scope for improvement above about 160bhp, and a set of throttle bodies will get you there. If that's enough for you then it's a light revvy engine. Great fun in a puma so be awesome in a kit.

thanks everyone I think I'll probably wait for a 2lt zetec to come along shouldn't be to long as I have first dibs on major MOT failures from one garage and px's from a car sales.

enjoy Stoneleigh shame I cant be there to introduce myself to you all (or it may be a blessing for you all) have fun.