Robin Hood 2B With Jag V6 - Fully Loaded - £4995

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

Loved owning the Hood over the last 4 years, but decided its time to move onto something different (not entirely sure what yet...- perhaps a Z3 or Z4 or similar)

So decided to put the Kit up for sale. Looking for £4995 - open to any sensible offers.

Its going to be up for sale in all of the other usual places as well

07702 682888

IMG_5375_zpstzkxrni8.jpg

IMG_5355_zpscrl3sefo.jpg

IMG_5427_zps7hoow85b.jpg

IMG_5382_zpsbe5evzsz.jpg

Rolling%20Road%20Map_zpsprgadzrp.jpg

Lots more photos Here

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/david_l_perry/library/Robin%20hood%20completed%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Robin Hood 2B+ V6 240bhp Jag engine

Up for sale is my much loved Robin Hood 2B+ fitted with a V6 3.0l 240bhp engine and gearbox from a 2001 Jag Stype

The car was built 2003 and correctly registered as a Robin Hood 2B. Its on an age related plate (J reg) that it based upon the original Donor and not a Q plate as is often found on kit cars.

All stainless construction including a full stainless tubular spaceframe chassis, Stainless and GRP panels.

The car comes complete with full wet weather gear, doors, Surrey Top, and detachable Wind deflectors.

Its in excellent condition with only a very few minor marks as can be expected, This car has always been garaged and maintained to a very high standard.

I bought this kit 4 years ago from the original builder who was at the time the North West area secretary of the Robin Hood Owners club (RHocar). When I bought the kit it was originally fitted with a 2.0l Pinto, bike carbs and mega jolt. Its now fitted with a superb 240BHP Jag V6 engine (same engine as the Mondeo ST220 and Jag X type) – the difference is astounding. The full engine fit is documented on the RHocar web site – this site is a great source of info and I would advise any body interested in owning a Kit to join this forum.

Since owning the car over the last 4 years I have done many upgrades / alterations. The most significant change being the engine / gearbox change last year from the old pinto to the all alloy Jag V6 3.0l. I purchased a Jag Stype as running car prior to making the change so I could ensure that all was well with the engine and gear box. The 3.0L engine change has all been verified with the DVLA and correctly noted as such on the Log book

An Emerald K6 ECU has been custom tuned by Clarkson Autos (a regular in Kit Car Magazine) and further tweaks carried out by Bailey Performance (Telford). I have all of the maps and configuration files for the Emerald backed up, and these will be included.

Rolling road charts confirm the engine outputs a very healthy 240BHP (209bhp at the wheels) and 215lbft torque

Its stunning change from the 2.0l Pinto – masses of smooth power and lots of top end cruising potential. Approx 125-150miles on a full tank dependent upon driving style.

Many kits take a fairly standard Pinto or Duratec and tweak the engine with new cams, carbs, and tuning to try and increase the output. Whilst this works, it often ends up with a slightly lumpy or uneven responding engine. The Jag V6 engine puts out high power (240BHP) with no modifications, and as such the engine is not being stressed and can be driven smooth or hard with no objections or uneven response through the throttle range. And as the Jag V6 is an all alloy block, it weighs pretty much the same as the Pinto block.

As part of the engine change the following items have been upgraded / changed over the last twelve months:-

Jag V6 Engine completely stripped and serviced

New full set of Ignition Coils

New clutch, new clutch slave cylinder and stainless hoses fitted.

New Cooling system and triple core alloy radiator

A custom full stainless exhaust system (Twin silencer)

New Front wishbone bushes throughout

New facet Lift pump, ODP Fuel swirl pot, fuel lines and injector fuel pump

New custom upgraded driveshaft (NW propshafts)

Complete new pedal box assembly for hydraulic clutch and brake bias assembly and custom made stainless braided hoses

New matched digital speedo and temp gauges (Smiths classic range)

New 16” Wiger Alloy wheels and New Avon ZV5 195/55 front 205/55 rear (Less than 500miles)

Replacement 3.14 ratio Diff (rare as hens teeth) which is a far better match for the high power and high torque V6 engine.

Quick release steering wheel

Great looking red and Black interior and matching seats

I have had several long road trips abroad in this car (weeks in France, Germany, Belgium etc) and loads of local runs as well and its performed superbly. Always gets lots of interest especially since the Engine change and brings smiles whenever you are out.

Its running great, and ready for the summer sunshine, and starts first time everytime – and with the full wet weather gear you can still enjoy the car even if it rains when you are out and about.

This is a very good example and very well maintained 2B, and has wanted for nothing over the years I have owned it.

MOT June 2016, tax is £126 for 6 months. I have all previous MOT’s and masses of paperwork / receipts to confirm pretty much every bit of work / parts purchased

MOT’s confirm mileage at just over 32K – although its a bit like triggers broom...as the only thing that has not been upgraded / replaced over the years is the suspension arms.

This car always turns heads when you are out and about – masses of smiles for the driver and I will be very sad to see it go but time has come to move onto something new.

Please feel free to call and take a look or email with any questions or offers.

I am more than happy to take anybody out for test drive and answer any questions and look over the kit in the comfort and dry of the garage – a brew is almost compulsory.

I am of the opinion that this 2B is one of the better examples available and is in a very small group of kits that have successfully had the V6 engine transplant .

The car is priced to sell and ready to go.

Dave

Guest jimmytwobikes

wish I had saved my money and bought yours instead of the one I did get! very good looking car and that engine must purrrrrrrr! absolutely ideal!! good luck with the sale, at that price you wont have it long!!

Guest Ian Marr

Plenty of garage space for it here ... So easy for a blast up the Dales as well ;-)

Edited by Ian Marr

Guest david_l_perry

Sorry Si - its not leaving the garage until Dino picks it up now....knowing my luck I would take it out for just one last drive and spin off and crash..... :)