Carbs

Guest ironclad

Guest ironclad

Hi my car has a 2l pinto mild cam big exhaust

Currently running a Webber 38 but have had issues they ing to set in up correctly

I'm concidering changing either for twin 40

Or even bike carbs has anyone had any experience

With best way to go

Would appreciate any advice

Thanks Ian

I use weber 45 dcoe on my redtop, I like them and they perform well if set up properly but they do use a lot of fuel. My rolling road man thinks that they are good but dellortos are better on a road car. From what I have gleaned bike carb's offer similar performance but are smoother in operation. They are plentiful and a lot cheaper. You will need a different manifold to fit either. Plenty of people have used both successfully, probably would be cheaper to go bike carb's.

• Like 1

Guest Ian & Carole

Jetted and set up properly a 38 dgas is a good carb for a mild pinto, if I were you I would spend a few bob on what you have before spending big bucks on a new set up.

38dgas is not great on a pinto in my opinion trend it twice 1st time set fire to my mk5 cortina engine bay when the carb back fired and lit my air filter:) bike carbs work great on pintos danst is worth a look

Edited by DanE

Guest 2b cruising

If set up correctly, d gas is good for 170 bhp.

The operative word is correctly.

Get it running well as cheap as you can and enjoy for the rest of the season.

Two reasons, 1 before you know it the season will be over and you can either spend it playing with a big grin on your face. You can tinker and tinker and tinker, get fed up and decide the only way out is very costly.

2 enjoy the season first while taking your time to consider not just what people's different views are, (there are many), but also what amount of money you put in to what you want.

Once you get to know your car, you might find there are more important things that need doing first. Steering, brakes, suspension, etc etc etc.

A full season of getting used to it will put you in the right frame of mind about what to do under what priority.

HTH, Ken.

Edited by 2b cruising