Iva On Friday

Guest 2Bbuilt

Guest 2Bbuilt

I've got my retest this friday, all being well should get a pass.

what forms are needed for next stage to finally get it on road?

want an age related plate

Guest 2b cruising

The tester decides on type of plate going by the make up of your car.

It's well worth a mention of your desire to him so he can see if your car matches it.

And it depends on what you mean by "age-related". If you want it to have the year of your donor car you will need to prove that all the major components came off a single car. If you want a 2016 plate then all the major components have to be new (although you are allowed one to be a refurb)

Guest 2Bbuilt

so far they have tested it as a 1988 vehicle and engine from same year, this is the same year as the donor. The donor was on a E reg plate

i thought it was DVLA who decided though, is there not any more forms to fill in?

Guest bunje

ive just registered my westfeild on a n age related plate.

the iva tested asked if i was putting it on an age related plate becasue of the engien age as to weather it needed a cat or not. once passed iva i sent the registration form and a built up vehicle report stating where the major components came from can be downloaded from the dvla wesbsite the registration form carnt though it has to be ordered and posted to you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/built-up-vehicle-inspection-reportheres the link for the built up vehicle report.

you also have to send recipts off for the new parts. to correspond with the built up vehicle report.your iva certificate. and i sent the old log book for my donor car.

regarding receipts i sent the one for the chassis, i sent the one for my suspension components including ball joints. one for the steering rack and all other steering components and everything else cam off the donor so just sent the log book

i also put a note in the other information section stating that the donor was broken for parts and sold including the fuel tank then all vin plates ver removed and destroyed by myself then the shell was cut up and scrapped at the local scrap yard. and i also put that i hoped i had done everything to get the age related plate and if there were any problems to contact me via my mobile. i recieved the log book and registration a week later.

dont forget to send a chequ with your first tax and the 55 pounds registraion fee

and sent it to

kits and rebuild D4 .
DVLA Swansea
S99 1ZZ

this is the direct postal box for the kit car registration post box as otherwise i can take ages to get there

hope that helps

Guest bunje

i didnt take note as to if you were going for a new plate or a age related plate or a q plate

if its a donor you need form v55/5

if its a new plate you need form v55/4 and you will alsop need to supply a certificate of newness for this

Guest bunje

if you dont send it there it goes into a big sorting pile for the whole of the dvla and can take upto ten days just to get to kits and rebuilds i also sent mine special delivery so that when it arrives it can be tracked and you can see who signs for it

Guest 2Bbuilt

thanks for the help

i am after age related plate that my donor had

they have already tested the engine for the engine year which is also the reg year i.e. 1988.

we will see what happens then on friday, direct postal address is very helpful.

Guest 2Bbuilt

Well guess who now has a IVA Certificate - Another 2B nearly on the road.

must thank everyone that has offered wisdom and guidance throughout my build, we would be lost without it.

see you at Kimbolton (might be on A frame though unless registration docs arrive in time).

john

Well guess who now has a IVA Certificate - Another 2B nearly on the road.

must thank everyone that has offered wisdom and guidance throughout my build, we would be lost without it.

see you at Kimbolton (might be on A frame though unless registration docs arrive in time).

john

Congrats John! :D

Congrats John! :D

Edited by FERRINO

Guest 2Bbuilt

Nice one John.

Will be good to meet you at some point.

Are you doing the end of season bash?

sadly no, family wedding has already booked that weekend.