Dash2 Fuel Sender Wiring

Guest rodg98133

Guest rodg98133

This has probably already been asked a million times but I've googled to no avail.

I have just ordered my fuel sender which reads from 3-150ohms. I am planning on using a dash2 (maybe pro) which obviously requires voltage instead of resistance.

I assume the feed to the sender goes from the 5v out of the dash 2 as opposed to the 12v ignition live?

How do I work out what size resistor I need for this? All the results on Google require me to know starting voltage (5v?) And end voltage which I don't know.

Guest 2b cruising

I have used smith pilot.

Any questions I've had have been fully sorted by the suppliers.

Have you tried the same.

If you have already done this as I expect you have, please don't take offence.

Ken.

I am away from home at the moment and can't find my spreadsheet. I believe all sensors get a reference 5v from the dash.

The manual tells you the maximum current you can pull. Believe it's in the milliamp range. Size your resistors with the v=ir equation to get the current you should pull.

Voltage should be from 5v from dash to 0v for empty tank. Will confirm all this when I find my old spreadsheet.

Hope this all helps.

Quote from racetechology.

If you run the sensor from the 5v reference then ensure that the maximum current for the reference output is not exceeded. For the DASH2 this is a total maximum load of 50mA

Edited by femster