Bike Carb Info

Guest mdav1970

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got both types. I use the 4-gauge type on bike carbs and used the synchrometer one on the twin carb setup when I had my triumph stag. I haven't got round to using the synchrometer one on bike carbs as yet but I will be trying it as I found it to be easy to use, you just may need to buy adaptors to suit the carb inlet diameter. The beauty of the 4 gauge type is that you can see what's happening to all carbs at the same time. Make sure you zero the gauges before you start.

Guest mdav1970

Under each carb i have a small angled outlet that the 2 middle carbs are already joined with using a single rubber hose when i got the carbs, are these not take of pipes?

Guest mdav1970

Brought the wrong gauge set as i don't have any take offs in the inlet pipes. Will need to use the single gauge type like this one s-l225.jpg

However i have messed around with it and got it running reasonably good. Gave it a couple of test runs and was pleased with the way it runs, straight away much better than the 32/36 weber was

Guest mdav1970

Just ran the car to the petrol station approx 3 miles there and back with no issues, Really revs freely and so much more responsive. Will possibly look to put servo back on car to assist in stopping :-)

Guest 2b cruising

People run much more powerful cars than this without servo.

It give a better feel on braking.

You will very quickly get used to it.

Your brakes can get exactly the same hydraulic pressures and effort by just braking harder.

Took the servo off my 2b once I got used to pressing the pedal a bit harder it was fine and on my zero ain't got one and had to stamp on brakes at 70mph had all four wheels locked up with lots of tyre smoke

Guest mdav1970

Only reason i took the servo off was due to the brakes binding when hot. Alright when cold but as soon as the engine bay was hot the brakes started to lock on. Couldn't figure it out, even with winding off the adjuster on the brake pedal. So just took servo off never happens.