Brake Upgrade Options & Ideas

No Worries Nigel, I think most of the UK footballing nation were a bit miffed (to say the least).

I think all footballers should have an equal fixed wage and then work on a incentive scheme (a bit like fantasy footy) to get there wages elevated.

• Example - as per most work force - Manager is the highest paid, then midfield, strikers and defender are equal.
  • They would get a bonus for getting into the 1st team, bonus for playing 90 minutes, bonus for scoring goals, bonus for..... (you get the picture).
  • Then they would suffer deductions for losing, letting in goals, etc..

The argument that they should be on high wages encase there career takes a dive (no pun intended) or suffer and injury is null & void, as they have insurance that covers this.

And if they don't like the life style, then get a proper job like all us other mugs.

.....There I had my rant also 8P

Meantime.....I'm going to follow your advice on the bias bar and attempt to get it so it looks like the following pictures (one of the nights this week):

Bias%20Bar%20set-up_zps5fwu47bu.jpg

Bias%20Bar%20set-up%202_zpsy4ijmqwq.jpg

And also look to get hold of one of these on the cheap and fit it:

brake%20bias%20adjuster_zpstvk6howd.jpg

As one of these days Nikki will find me passed out, upside down, and stuck in the foot well of the kit.

She will also be wondering what infantile, perverted things I was up to... :crazy:

Edited by Dino
  • Like 1

Guest david_l_perry

Glad you are getting there with the brakes Dino - Shame I didn't get it right first time, but then we all learn bit by bit....generally by others mistakes :)

Hopefully, once you get them setup correctly, it may also remove the need to upgrade as the existing may well (and probably should) do the job of stopping well enough !

I have a mono RH new 111 with fixed scuttle. Fiddling with the pedal box is difficult. Once got down there head first and with the steering wheel still on and couldn't get out. It was a while before a neighbour heard my cries for help and pulled me out. Seat out and wheel off ever since.

Nigel

• Like 2

As you already stated they locked up, why change?

Unless it's for an easier pedal effort.

Because its therapy for the mind during the dark, depressing months where I dip into a spiralling rabbit hole of sadness. :cray:

.....and its better to tinker with the car and learn new skills instead of playing stupid computer games or upset chavs for sport..

When I say I'm going to change it....doesn't mean now!

It means one day when the car is SORN and I get some spare time (basically January 2017), then I will have a go at upgrading the brakes to match the great engine that Mr Perry so kindly shared. :p

.....Meantime, It's a tidy up, sanity check, MOT and then get some miles on it.

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

It really is a nice car.

Hope to see it sometime as you are no longer off to steam or Leicester nosh up.

All the best mate.

Is it this Saturday Nikki is about?

Guest 2b cruising

After buying his super fast car with no brakes, it left him with a spare rd gearbox.

I have agreed a ferry favourable price with him.

Nikki is visiting an uncle thet lives just about 50 meters from me so, free delivery. Yippeeeee.😀😀😀