Can It Really Be This Easy! !

blue

Guest 2b cruising

Richy, you may be right about the subject being well covered but many people might still wish to have there say.

Ozz has spent a great deal of his very valuable time on coming up with what in my mind the correct and full legal answer to the original question.

That does not give cause to other members from having there say including positive coments to Ozz.

Let the thread die naturally like other threads do.

Regards, Ken.

Now here is an option for the original poster as I have a series 3 monocoque that I'm currently building (has not yet been IVA'd) which would be a like for like for a S7 (well near enough especially as even Robin Hood couldn't make each one the same).

So if he had my monocoque to replace his like for like making it the same as it previously was & instead of purchaing a zero for himself & then the added cost of the IVA he could just pass the zero on to me for me to carry on my build & the IVA at my cost....A win win situation....Well it was worth a try :-?

Rich

Well this is getting more heated than it really needs to.

I will of coarse bow to greater knowledge of legal matters, my qualification is a little older and likely out of date.

I'm just looking at what is in front of us, and it does not appear to be just GBS saying it is OK, the insurance company as well as the DVLA, who make the rules, say it is, I think that a number, including me have said get it in writing. And as Ozz says that may a little vague when actually received.

whether we agree with what the DVLA says or not, if the written version is the same as the verbal, do we complain to the DVLA? decry GBS for giving out the same advise, refuse insurance with Flux? or stop blue getting back on the road?

Thankfully not my call

Should it be checked? A second pair of eyes is always a good thing, a second pair of eyes checking to a standard, however floored, probably better.

I cant speak for GBS, I have no idea what they would say or do, as implied I would, but if asked I would say the Zero is more than equal to the S7, different structure? yes, allowed to replace a vehicle of a different construction? not my call, refer to above.

If it comes to responsibility in the event of an accident, is the IVA protection that a vehicle was built to a standard? and if the vehicle was pre IVA or even SVA? who then? or is that it is the drivers responsibility to make sure the vehicle is safe and legal for the road?

these are rhetorical, perhaps we should just draw a line under the topic and wish blue all the best for getting his vehicle back on the road, the quickest way possible, but legally.

Hi all

sorry been working in Norway so got all the comments by email but could not reply

thank you for all the comments

a few good points were made and taken on board .

my only disappointment is as soon as you damage an S7 it's a write off with no prospect of repair as no one makes a mono shell!!

Guest 2b cruising

That's a good way to look at it.

You even have all the parts you need to.

Getting it up to date for a new IVA wouldn't be that difficult

I don't think so anyway.

I emailed the dvla a while ago now asking if I could change the mono chassis to a gbs chassis without an Iva I asked if it was OK to reshell my s7 and they said I would need a Iva as the chassis is different I would 0f considered it as I don't plan on selling my s7 but as said if in an accident and so on then everything is void as it's not mono chassis but tubular chassis hth

Edited by biksz
  • Like 1