Cumbria Classic Show 21St August

Guest Paul Morgan

Guest Paul Morgan

This event was posted by Mark Little previously.

Cumbria Classic show at Dalemain organised by Wigton Motor club

http://www.wigtonmc.co.uk/ccw/index.php

As we now can't get into the Tatton show this august, I have just been in touch with the organisors for this event and they still have club stands available and seemed to be very receptive to having us there.

I'm prepared to book a club stand if people would like to attend this event. There is no minimum number required to have a club stand, but the more we can get the better. Maximum number is 50.

The Rose and Thistle run is too expensive at £60

So here's the deal :-

Entry to the show = £3 per car

Camping = £5 per night per tent/unit

You can have a full weekend for £13

Or just Saturday night and the show for £8

I'm proposing, arrive Friday evening and camp, run out Saturday around Cumbria/north Yorkshie/north pennines or all 3. Camp Saturday night and attend the show on the sunday. Anyone just wanting to come Saturday for the run or sunday for the show are also welcome.

If you're up for it add your name to this thread by 18th July so I can see if enough interest and I'll make a list.

As we have to pay for this up front, I'll then require your payment by the 22nd July either by paypal or cheque.

Ill send the entry form off on the 22nd as the closing date is August 5th I want to ensure we get our entry in enough time.

Paul

Edited by Paul M

Guest mark little

I'll be there, though being a member of wigton motor club I actually get free entry, but, if it's wanted, I will put my car on the rhocar stand.

Cheers Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul Morgan

OK all, last week to get your names down for what should be a good weekend.

List so far :-

Myself - All weekend

Steve in Stockport - All weekend

Simon - All weekend

Maurice Hugo - Days TBC

Mark Little - Days TBC

Some others showed interest this weekend at Smallways.

Come on lets make this a good weekend

Paul

Guest mark little

I'll be there probably on the Sunday, I've spoken to the guy organising the entries and he says I do get in for free but you need to put on the entry form that one of your members is also a member of wigton motor club,

Cheers Mark

Guest Paul Morgan

OK Mark L, I'll ensure your on the list as a member.

Mark B, hope you get the car back together soon. Looks like the sun's finally coming

Iggy, your names down.

Myself - All weekend

Steve in Stockport - All weekend

Simon - All weekend

Maurice Hugo - Days TBC

Mark Little - Sunday

Iggy - Sat Night & Sunday

Does anyone in the north west have any RHOCAR banners etc to display on the stand ?

Edited by Paul M

Guest shaggy

Not sure about banners Paul. Maybe Steve will have a better idea where they are kept. Or perhaps the Yorkshire regiment could get some over to you.

Si

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul Morgan

Hi Barry,

OK to come Saturday for the run out, but the show is only on Sunday so you may see some cars, but not the actual show. I have a free camping ticket if you want to come on the Friday night for the run saturday

All,

I have had one cancellation and also received a couple of extra camping tickets so I have 1 free entry ticket to the show on Sunday and Free camping for the weekend or just Saturday night.

If you want to attend the show or camp please PM me with your adress and I'll post them on a first come basis.

Here's the list at the moment :-

Me + son - all weekend

Steve from Stockport - all weekend

Simon - all weekend

Iggy - Camping Saturday and show

Mark Little - Show

Anyone wanting to join the run on Saturday let me know and I'll organise meeting points. Run will probably be around north lakes and north pennines but can be adjusted if others in those areas or north yorks want to join.

Paul

I'll be there for the show, driving over with some mates Sunday morning. We will come and say hello, kick your tyres, drink your tea and eat your biscuits if that's ok?

I'll be driving over to the show from Durham tomorrow morning via Hartside Cafe. Stopping for a coffee and bacon stotty about 10ish. Any other North Easteners heading over there?