Mot Help Needed

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi guys had my kit car mot'd on the 11th of this month, passed and was all fine, just noticed on the paperwork that the mileage reading is incorrect the previous mot reading was 10,240 but the mot garage this time have put 103,489 on my mot. There is no way I could of done that mileage it should of been 10,348.9

What happens now

My garage had to issue a new mot certificate when this happened as they could not amend the old one. Problem is that it still shows up on an HPI check until they agreed to remove it from their mileage database.

Guest peter2b2002

don't worry they can adjust it next time unless your selling it, on my 2b I had 3 mot's done 1 ofter the other with the same milage as my speedo didn't work I used my sat nav as a speedo till I sorted out the reason my speed didn't work

petef2b

Guest danny_samb

I'll give the garage a call tomorrow. Iv read on the Internet that vosa can amend it on there database and issue a new certificate is that true?

Guest danny_samb

I'm sure they will see it's a mistake from the last 5 mot's the car has done less than 1k miles in between mot. But now from the last mot it says it's down 93k in a year. But the car was sorn for 9 months

Guest danny_samb

I'm in the middle of doing the agreed valuation for insurance so have a pic of mileage and jotted it down on the valuation form