Chassis Number

Guest Pacman

Guest Pacman

I have just had a reply from the VOSA asking me for a chassis number as the doner chassis number is unacceptable for my SVA?.

I do not have a chassis but a tublar frame so how do I go about getting one ??

Is this a common thing or am I in for a bad time

I have phoned Robin Hood the place is shut for holidays.

Pacman

Guest paul thompson

I made my chassis number up using SA9 PTRHSC XXXX YYYY where XXXX was my invoice no. and YYYY was my unique RH customer no. Went through no problemo, check with DVLA that it is not in use first before you stamp it on anythingtho.

Guest Pacman

Thanks I have just read Ben Salt has the same problem i have taken a few numbers Im happy to make one up but there has to be a better way than this.WHY CANT THEY SEND YOU THE CORRECT FORMS WITH THE SVA APPLICATION THEY KNOW YOU WILL NEED THEM ?? We all must go through the same s**t who can have a chassis number for a tublar frame that has been mass produced by Robin Hood who do not put a chassis number on them why not ?? I dont know do other kits ?feel better now had a little rant.

Pacman

Guest chris brown
can u stamp/ engrave on a plate an fix this to chassissss
No they like it to be stamped on the chassis that way it cannot be removed I made my own number up that way the chassis no is as personal as the car. I used RH2BCBROWN2002103

How many others can remember there VIN :p :p

Guest peter2b2002

Hi pacman, where abouts are you in this fare land, if near northampton , you have to take your car to thier office with a build up report so they can check your engine No. then they issue you with a chassis No. I stamped mine onto the side tube by the dash and also on a plate fitted to the front x member, once that is done it's all down hill from there, insurance/mot/sva /tax office/ plates /on the road legal,

have fun pete2b

Paul,

like others I made mine up.

RH2B 1802(invoice no.)14701(date picked up kit)4258(birthday) see Chris I can remember mine :p .

Drove to the local VRO in Cardiff after passing SVA as it was on the way home :D (you might have to take a slight detour) and got reg. no. and tax within the hour.

They did question the chassis No. and asked if I had anything from RH with it on, I said I didn't have it with me only the invoice, a quick check on their computer and they said it was ok.

What you need to do is print your chosen vin no. on the invoice to save the hastle.

Les

Guest Andy Rathbone

i kind of made mine up to with help from the VOSA and the DVLA, as you are not supposed to use o or i so i used 0(zero) and 1, so mine looks like this

R0B1NH00D2Bxxxx00 (where x is the invoice number and 00 is the year the kit was made so yes i know my own vin ;)

Guest paul mercer

i made mine up and had it put on to an ally plate. The sva guy said that it was advisable but not necessary to stamp the chassis. just incase your car goes missing.

Guest Ben Salt

I have finally (after 4 weeks!) got my chassis number through from the DVLA. Why they make life so difficult I do not know. Had to fill in built up inspection form and v55/5 as completely as possible, and they sent a man to inspect the car on thursday. He spent all of 5 minutes here, asked me to read out the engine number, and then copied everything I had written on the form onto another one!!

What a waste of time!!

Well, now at last I can progress

Good luck to everyone else!

Ben