Another Insurance Scam

speedtripledan

Got loads of quotes on my tin top insurance approx 2 weeks before due. No matter what I wasn't staying with Admiral (total twats) direct line came in cheapest by £80. Due to the problems with the car I waited to night before to take out the policy only to find that the quote had disappeared from my online account. To late to ring etc so I re did the quote which came in £120 more ??? !!!! Redid my next nearest quote and same thing??

It's seems what they do is jack the price up if you it leave last min knowing you might be desperate and it's illegal to have an uninsured car etc. Rang them this morning and paid the original quoted price.... sneaky bleeps !

Guest 2b cruising

Insurence companies do what they want.

Had a monthly pay one on my wife's spare van.

Cancelled it two weeks ago.

Months money taken at the 1st July.

Cancellation notice came last Friday.

No acknowledgement of last payment at £80.

Cancellation fee remained the same.

After checking all there written sums and found they are over £94 in error.

This was all through first line.

Cancellation fee was £112 as it was before the mistakes were found.

Con scam. Con scam, SCAM CON. CON SCAM.

Guest Ian Maycock

Apparently, and I am no expert in this field but if you are searching to purchase something on the web most websites use Cookies. these cookies recognise if you are a returning customer. if you were happy with the original price and go back the website adjusts the price upwards assuming you will just pay. My advise is do your research on one devise and then when ready to purchase use a different devise that way you will appear to be a new purchaser.

Also, regularly delete all those stored cookies

Hi,

This is called quote lag. With a number of insurers you will get a better premium if you shop round early rather than leaving it to the last minute.

We have a number of schemes where statistically our figures are better for policies taken out in advance rather than the last minute.

Regards,

Dan.

Edited by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Guest 2b cruising

Standard business scam.

I remember the day you could get cheaper fares as the company thought used to be, well it's at least getting some money back at the last minute.

Only one word for it I'm afraid.

SCAM.

Easy to do in this day of computers.

Let the needy pay for it.

I can see how it works for an airline where they want maximise seat occupancy and the customer has very limited choice if they want to go from a to b at short notice but for car insurance where there is a huge choice? Sounds risky to me even if I didn't think they were trying it on.

Guest 2b cruising

Well they do it.

Flux's Dan just put it in writing. Wait till it's due and put the price up. Right up.

SCAM. MACS. Whatever way you put it.

I shall be asking for my next quotes early this time.

Having said that Flux has always done me well. They will get first pick and if nobody actually slaughters them, that's the one for me.

It is a sad state of affairs. I work for an insurance company (and no, I won't say which one as any opinion I make here is purely my own) but the only way they can apply this type of premium 'loading' is if you tell them what date the policy is due for renewal. The system will calculate that against today's date and apply the increase. Try saying it is due in 2 or 3 weeks time then if you do take it out, change the effective date during the policy issue process.

Also never tell them that you usually pay by monthly instalments as some insurers will penalise you for that as well.

Guest 2b cruising

I remember trying that before. All I got from direct line was " to early for us to give a quote. Please call back nearer the date.

SCAM.

It's the way the world goes round,if you have never been in business on your own account, do you as an employee take the salary offered or do you try for as much as the employer will pay; or seek better conditions/salary else-where?