Speedometer - Issues And Questions

Guest ali2992

Guest ali2992

yes it just fits onto the end of the speedo cable where the speedo head was I have a cut down cable that I was going to use when I found out there was no drive out of the gear box

peter2b

thanks, I think I will get a cable made up from speedy cables though as the mx5 gearbox has a smaller speedo cable mounting hole than standard I believe - this way I can also customise whether I want right angled drive etc

Guest ali2992

Na this is a Mazda zero. I can't physically move the diff, but I'm wondering if the 1-2mm wiggle room in these bolts (which are crunched right up) is enough to move the diff slightly as the torque produced under load is much more than I can test just by pushing my weight against it

Guest ali2992

I think I'm going to try steel tube spacers, see if I can hammer in a 1mm wall tube or something to take up any slack. I'm still going to convert to a transducer off the cable though if i can assure myself I'm not going to run into the same problems as zach and snap the drive pin all the time

Guest ali2992

I haven't been able to verify that the diff is moving, mainly because I don't have the strength to test it without lifting the car off the jack/axle stands at the same time. I'm going to put the tube in as a precautionary measure as it will only take a couple of minutes