Guest mower man

Guest mower man

Hi Mick is in the proverbial brown stuff, my lathe seems to have expired and the switch gear is all electronic stuff on 3 circuit boards ,I have no problem with basic electrics but this stuff is beyond me ! , there is power in but nothing works,no smell of burning or smoke damage , the motor tests out as instructions from the dealer but as using a phone is v awkward for me we are doing every thing by email so its getting long winded , I have suggested to him that I parcel all the wiring and switch gear /motor etc and send it to him for repair ,and am awaiting answer , is any one local to me good with this sort of stuff and able to come and have a shufty please ? Tea ,beer sandwiches gladly provided and petrol money too many thanks in advance mick :clapping: :crazy: :80:

Guest mower man

Clues are 1 single phase ,feed in ok 2 chinese Red bull 4x 15 with 500 watt motor 3 as posted no bang flash smoke it just stopped ok it's not a Myford but its big enough for the jobs I want to do and I havent got room for any thing bigger in the mancave! Mick :80: :crazy: :aggressive:

Replacement electronics board for my small Clarkes Lathe -- £155.00--- speed control board & bridge rectifier from "bang.good" £2.18 & free post. Needed a little Hoody mod to fit but is now powering my lathe O.K, hope Micks works out.

Edited by florin metal works

If it's still under warranty, that would be your best option. I might have been able to help you find the faulty part though.

It would be interesting to know if the dealer repairs it or just sends out a replacement board - probably the latter I think as no-one seems to "repair" things now.

Simon.

Guest mower man

The whole electrics system is going back , the tech support has been brilliant packing every thing today depending on weight post or carrier Monday. Unfortunatly out of warranty and my electronics skills are worse than my brain surgery skills , if they were closer [Leytonstone London] I would take it in so post it is mick :crazy: